Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

What is our collecting future with fakes? (BEFORE YOU BUY A SS RODO BUCKLE PLEASE READ THIS THREAD)

Article about: Going European ... What's going on with Military Advisor Magazine? - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Quote by kirby View Post
    Thanks. I'm glad Ric pinned the thread on WAF. I am sure Ben will pin it here.
    I was like you thinking a pinned thread will be a good idea. But I did change my point of view after noticing a member in this Forum did not see the link currently pinned in the WAF. Ivanjoaquin and Mr.Saris were kind to point to the latest but how many future readers will miss it as well? So maybe a good idea to let this one to resurface as much as possible to hit as many readers as possible.

We should at least have one satisfaction: obviously Mr. Arthur D. Royster did not allow any of our comment to show on his joke page. But look: there is still 0 comment! It shows there was not a single positive comment since he would had let those going through! So maybe there is some hope after all....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What is our collecting future with fakes? (BEFORE YOU BUY A  SS RODO BUCKLE PLEASE READ THIS THREAD)
    P
    Many

Oh boy, did not take that long! So at least we know the referred persons are spying here...
    Here is finally my comment with his reply:

"” On 16 December 1951, Württemberg-Baden, Württemberg-Hohenzollern and Baden voted in favor of a joint merger via referendum. Baden-Württemberg officially became a state in Germany on 25 April 1952.” So, how could a state formed only in 1952 could be appear on a supposedly pre-1945 box?""

The issue here is not markings on a box but the authenticity of the RODO SS enlisted buckles shown i Dr. Thayer’s Military Advisor article. Perhaps the writer would like to comment on the type face or the color of the box instead of addressing the buckles. This sort of confused obfuscation is typical of the types that flock to the Wehrmacht Awards Forum. And there is no question whatsoever that the RODO buckles in the Thayer article are absolutely genuine to the period.

?

"Merci" for this topic.

I have seen the comment on Roysters website too.

Does the photo of the box in the article not suggest the buckles are from the "original" box?
    Isn't the word original C. Robert Dold shipping-box not used in the caption?

And as JP says at WAF: "But isn't it written in the article: "Acquiring the name and address of "RODO" on an actual
    shipping container is a unique contribution to knowledge of the company and its product" ??
    Well I bet mr. Thayer does not know the address at all of Dold, just the name for the city and the state (both wrong).
    I also bet, when I unveil the name for the street or eventually the Reichsbetriebsnummer, with next forgeries this
    will be included as well.

What is our collecting future with fakes? (BEFORE YOU BUY A  SS RODO BUCKLE PLEASE READ THIS THREAD)

I think Royster does not even know what Dold in fact made before they made buckles.
    And when he knows, it will have been prompted quickly.....

Their products are well-known and always made with a great accuracy! So why
    would they make so many mistakes with this box. Okay, it may look as it is to
    keep on noting this fact. But facts are facts!

And of course my answer which I do not know will be one day posted or not:

"But isn't it written in the article: "Acquiring the name and address of "RODO" on an actual shipping container is a unique contribution to knowledge of the company and its product" ??
    I do agree with the above sentence but the box been now accepted as a forgery, what value does it bring to its content? Any serious collector of buckles for the SS should recognize the so called "V chest" fakes produced since the 90's in East Europe. Don't you?"

I have to apologize to All for my dual post in both the WAF and the War Relics Forum but this is the only way I found to get more people to be concern by this large intoxication, probably to make profit for some.

What is our collecting future with fakes? (BEFORE YOU BUY A  SS RODO BUCKLE PLEASE READ THIS THREAD)A pathetic example of felony with new old junk.

It pays to know the historical geography of Germany. As well as spelling, of course.

What is our collecting future with fakes? (BEFORE YOU BUY A  SS RODO BUCKLE PLEASE READ THIS THREAD)die Burg oder der Berg. ????

Offenburg ist eine Stadt im Westen Baden-Württembergs, etwa 20 Kilometer südöstlich von Straßburg. Sie ist die Kreisstadt und größte Stadt des Ortenaukreises. Wikipedia
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 05-21-2016 at 08:51 PM.

And I hate to trouble you, but Offenberg is in Lower Bavaria, whereas Offenburg is, indeed, in Baden.

"Offenberg is a municipality in the district of Deggendorf in Bavaria in Germany."

What is our collecting future with fakes? (BEFORE YOU BUY A  SS RODO BUCKLE PLEASE READ THIS THREAD)What is our collecting future with fakes? (BEFORE YOU BUY A  SS RODO BUCKLE PLEASE READ THIS THREAD)Unlike Mr. Thayer, I used to commute on BAB 5 to Freiburg i.B. in a happier, more innocent time. I passed Offenburg all the time. It is next to what was once
    the Canadian forces air base at Lahr.

I will stick this thread too if that is the case, boy is that a prime time throbber, unbelievable!!!!!
    Ben

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast