Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 74 of 94 FirstFirst ... 24 64 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 84 ... LastLast

1000 Post Helmet World Tour!

Article about: After Dave (sscrooge), a short trip to Ireland to see young Patrick, then Belgium and the world. 5 more stops and it will be in Russia mate, maybe for the second time

Thankfully, there was bubblewrap all around
    the helmet - though I should have used a
    bunch of those styrofoam pellets.........
    Regards,

Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1000 Post Helmet World Tour!
    P
    Many

This past weekend the helmet made the rounds at the Memorial Day living history event at the Home of Franklin D. Roosevelt National Historic Site in Hyde Park, New York.

1000 Post Helmet World Tour!1000 Post Helmet World Tour!1000 Post Helmet World Tour!1000 Post Helmet World Tour!1000 Post Helmet World Tour!1000 Post Helmet World Tour!1000 Post Helmet World Tour!1000 Post Helmet World Tour!1000 Post Helmet World Tour!1000 Post Helmet World Tour!1000 Post Helmet World Tour!

Great photos mate! That helmet really does get around.

Very nice photos Gizmo, thanks for posting.
    Last edited by don_kihotis7; 05-28-2014 at 12:49 PM.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

I finally had the chance to sign it... holy crap that was nerve racking. Didn't want to mess up the whole helmet!

I did my best to take up as little space as possible and use some different colors than what is already seen on the helmet. The leafy recycling logo is what we use on the trucks at the recycling facility that my family owns. I hope you all approve!
    1000 Post Helmet World Tour!

?

FANTASTIC!!!!
    So where does this bad boy go next??
    There is a great display at the US Army Yuma Proving Grounds here in deserts of Arizona that would be a great back drop for pic's to add to this world tour!!! HINT HINT HINT

Semper Fi
    Phil

Thanks, Phil!

I have two more places I'd like to take the helmet to and then I believe Mo is next on the list.

fantastic photos joe and you look great in your gear too ,well done for being a good sport showing off the stahlhelm the detailing on the Roosevelt memorial bust is just superb
    Regards James

Awesome pics Joe! I bet the reenactors got a kick out of the idea for the project, that or they thought we are nuts......

I'm going to have a lot of fun making an album of all these pics when it gets home. It belongs to all of us now though I feel

Thanks, Krad!

In general, the reenactors really appreciated the helmet. I was walking around with it and they approached me assuming it was a wartime souvenir signed by GIs. When I explained what it actually is, they were still very impressed!

I told them that it's the only German helmet to have infiltrated the grounds of the Presidential Estate...

Page 74 of 94 FirstFirst ... 24 64 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 84 ... LastLast