Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 47 of 94 FirstFirst ... 37 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 57 ... LastLast

1000 Post Helmet World Tour!

Article about: After Dave (sscrooge), a short trip to Ireland to see young Patrick, then Belgium and the world. 5 more stops and it will be in Russia mate, maybe for the second time

Default Re: 1000 Post Helmet World Tour!

And here are some pictures from this year's "Emigration festival" near me. There was a 99th Infantry Battalion(Separate) stand there as well ( 99th Infantry Battalion (Separate) ).

Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1000 Post Helmet World Tour!
    P
    Many

ian
    ?

hay Kradspan ,, im home in the UK now ,,so if by any chance i am still exceptable for this ,, then please send the helmet to me ,,AKA the captain
    if so please PM fore my address,,, cheers ian

Looks great Vegar! I love the shots of the fortress, I would not have been able to resist exploring beyond the ropes just a little bit too. I did the same in Normandy but not very far, I couldn't see my hand in front of my face after a couple of turns. Great stuff!

Ian, you can mate no problem I'll add you to the list on the first page again now. I'll put you in line for when the lid lands back on our shores. Hope you had a nice holiday in the desert, any interesting souvenirs?

Hopefully this will work:
    The internet has gotten a lot worse, and every time I have tried to upload pictures, it has not worked, so I've had to reduce the size and quality a lot:

A while back, it visited East-Norway, and spent some days in Hønefoss and Oslo. In Oslo, it visited the Opera house, a war museum/fortress and plenty of other places
    The helmet is in the backpack, I didn't feel like whipping it out with so many people around

On the walls of Akershus fortress, facing the Opera house, the statue is of resistance fighter Max Manus:

Hønefoss:

When I got back from that trip, it went on a fishing trip with a couple of my friends:

A couple of days back it visited another war museum, a fortress and an airfield which was very active during the war, but silly me can't find the memory card, so those pictures will have to wait.

If Kiwiwreckdiver can find a date for his visit, there will be a lot more pictures. After that, I think it's time for it's journey in Norway to come to an end, and continue his world travels

PS: As you can see, I added my signature to the helmet already, I noticed there was no blue marker in the package, so I bought one, and will sent it along when I pass it on
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Wow what an awesome museum
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

With my 1004th post i hope to be a part of the next helmet tour.
    Morris

Quote by don_kihotis7 View Post
    Wow what an awesome museum
    Yes it is - but I spy some dodgy German helmets ....... look at the paint & decals, way too shiny & fresh.
    The mantra of many museums seems to be "never let originality get in the way of a good display"
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Any news on the pot gents? I know Moscow customs officials like to be thorough in the extreme...... I hope they allow this little fascist invader into the motherland, for old times' sake

It's my fault actually, I haven't sent it yet, I have had a lot on my plate recently, but I'll send it as soon I get Lars's address. I've got more pictures to show off, from kiwiwreckdiver's visit.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.

?

So finally the lid will(possibly) return to Russia So it's my turn now i see. She will get the big Moscow tour! You will have my address in a sec Vegar.

Cheers lads

Page 47 of 94 FirstFirst ... 37 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 57 ... LastLast