Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

150 $ helmet i just bought 10 mins ago

Article about: I got off work and went to my antique shop to look really quick and flirt with the owner, anyways, I started to flirt with this. She just got it in the store along with a german practice gre

Default 150 $ helmet i just bought 10 mins ago

I got off work and went to my antique shop to look really quick and flirt with the owner, anyways, I started to flirt with this. She just got it in the store along with a german practice grenade ( I think) it was 150 bucks..Not bad deal I think. The liner is solid as a rock!, original chin strap , Q64 stamped and I cant read the batch number to well. Of course the only problem, is the decals. Looks like someone painted those on a long time ago. Looks like theres decals under them. Would it be wise to remove the stuff to see whats under them?.

I could be wrong about getting a good deal, but its a solid helmet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 150 $ helmet i just bought 10 mins ago   150 $ helmet i just bought 10 mins ago  

150 $ helmet i just bought 10 mins ago   150 $ helmet i just bought 10 mins ago  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 150 $ helmet i just bought 10 mins ago
    P
    Many

?

Offcourse you can try it yes, but the place were the decals are under the paint is kinda strange.
    Normally they should be right beneeth the ventilationhole. I guess there are fake Heer decals under the paint.
    Man kan see the rightwing and swastika of the Heer decal.
    Wait for others to comment.

I can tell you what's under those decals right now... Yet ANOTHER pair of painted decals! The paint is so thick you can pick the eagle out.

Looks like someone's been playing with a no decal helmet (possible overpaint/reissue), an untouched one at that (except for the silly added on decals/drawings)... shame on them. I'd gently remove the obviously post-war stuff and leave the rest alone. I think you got yourself a good deal too... do not dig through the original paint though, it will only serve to depreciate it.

Looking at it closer I have to say that there's something strange going on with the "decal" underneath the seemingly original paint too... hard to tell though, the photos aren't all that good.

let me take better decal photos..standby

Im using my cell phone so the photos are not the best 150 $ helmet i just bought 10 mins ago150 $ helmet i just bought 10 mins ago150 $ helmet i just bought 10 mins ago150 $ helmet i just bought 10 mins ago150 $ helmet i just bought 10 mins ago

ok I took the flash off this time, maybe a little better ....can I just use mineral spirits to remove that crap ?150 $ helmet i just bought 10 mins ago150 $ helmet i just bought 10 mins ago150 $ helmet i just bought 10 mins ago150 $ helmet i just bought 10 mins ago150 $ helmet i just bought 10 mins ago150 $ helmet i just bought 10 mins ago

I'm no decal-expert, but $150 for this original shell, liner and chinstrap is a great deal nowadays...I've never seen such a deliberate, pronounced overpaint...cheers, Glenn

MAP
    ?

Just a wild and crazy thought...Maybe just a long week and I'm tired and not thinking right. Dismissing the placement of the decal under the paint....is it possible it is a KM 2 layer thus why it is raised?

On second thought, ignore this...even two lays KM's are not this pronounced.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast