Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

17th Airborne Painted Helmet

Article about: Here is one of his 101st jobs, I enjoy his skill and would like to buy one of his helmets for reenacting some day, but its sad to see some people reselling his as original if this is the cas

?

Default Re: 17th Airborne Painted Helmet

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi Gel,i don't think it matters to much whether this was "decorated" in 1946 or 2006,without a clear provenance from the vet who "captured" this lid and painted it,it's not worth diddly squat to a collector.As it stands it,s a ruined M40. Leon
    Precisely.

Brad.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 17th Airborne Painted Helmet
    P
    Many

ricorguy
    ?

It's worth something to somebody who wants it. My Grandpa was in the 17th Airborne and I came across this exact helmet on the shelf of a "reputable" antique dealer in southern CA who sells WWI and WWII rellics. I was pretty excited about the thought of somebody from the 17th bringing it back from Europe and painting it and having it on their shelf as a remembrance of his unit. I've contacted Easy Green to see if it's their work. I'm pretty sad about the possibility that it may have been a commercial reproduction... Nice work of it is and if I'd bought it with that in mind is be fine.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3