Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

1940 german helmet-

Article about: Personally for that small amount of \\$ I would strip it and see if there is anything worthwhile underneath, you never know John

Default Re: 1940 german helmet-

Personally for that small amount of $ I would strip it and see if there is anything worthwhile underneath, you never know John

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1940 german helmet-
    P
    Many

And please direct us, one and all, to any $250 ND German helmets, complete with original liners..............!
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by DougB View Post
    For the time, energy and money it will cost you to refurbish this for $250 you could have bought a no decal M40 that needs no refurbishment with an original liner and no neon paint job, fake wire and postwar liner. In fact once you strip this one down you will find a pitted out shell.

Just in case you didnt know that or what was out there.

PS I am not sure what input you are looking for. Any input about this helmet would place it in the Resto and Refurb section as there is nothing to discuss with this from the period this forum section is about.
    Indeed

I have my 250 bucks ready??

Quote by bigredone View Post
    I just purchased this off ebay for 60 bucks. i was told that it was a 1940 helmet with a small head size possible hj helmet. original shell,post war liner, and he put the wire and paint job on it. he said he didnt see any visible numbers on the shell as most paint is worn off and remaining paint inside may be covering it. anyone have input on this item? i think its a neat find for the price and im thinking since there realy isn't any paint leftit wouldn't hurt it to refurbish the outer shell. id like to keep the wire wrap too-
    Im new to collecting german helmets so this is my first real purchase

if anyone has any info by looking at the pictures or sugestions feel free to reply! thanks
    Good luck with your future purchases , hopefully this forum will help you .(personally i would strip it too)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1940 german helmet-   1940 german helmet-  

?

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    And please direct us, one and all, to any $250 ND German helmets, complete with original liners..............!
    http://www.walhalla.se/index <-- GHW Market Square

They pop up here on occasion, not in the best of shape, some decaled lids as well in rough shape but 100% real, with no postwar neon paint, no fake liners, no fake chinstraps, no fake wire, and you dont need to spend hours refurbishing them.

BTW, you have to be a veteran member to enter the for sale section.
    Last edited by DougB; 06-11-2010 at 02:06 AM. Reason: put in wrong link, corrected.

Thanks for your comments. I got this one as sort of a teaching aid for my self, I didn't want to put alot of money in my first helmet just to get burned on it! I might just do an easy solid color on the outer shell,no point in spending more than 20 bucks to improve it. Maybe ill hit up my army supply friends in my company and get some good old army paint for it. I plan on buying more helmets while Im in iraq to pass the time . Ive heard stories of fellow soldiers finding old german helmet shells in the markets of afghanistan and iraq so ill keep my eyes out for them!!

thanks for the info!!

TheCroatian
    ?

bigredone, dont forget to keep an eye out for those iraq darth vader looking helmets! Those are worth a fortune too from what I remember.

nice!

I can see it now, sweating in a humve with an aid bag and 5 helmets rolling around in the back,with a sgt. telling me im gay lol. good times!! haha

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast