Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1944 Militaria

Article about: A while back I noticed 1944 Militaria in a magazine and decided to call for info concerning German helmet offerings. I was told that they are original helmets that have been refurbished and

Default 1944 Militaria

A while back I noticed 1944 Militaria in a magazine and decided to call for info concerning German helmet offerings. I was told that they are original helmets that have been refurbished and had replacement liners installed. I took a chance and bought one a Model 40 with the rolled edge. Looks good despite small shell size. Anyone have knowledge of this company I would appreciate to hear replies. Did I get the real deal or did I Get hosed.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1944 Militaria
    P
    Many

Default Re: 1944 Militaria

Some images of the item you have acquired and a link to their website would certainly be relevant in assisting you with your concern(s)...
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

If it's small that's a good sign at least. Repro shells are usually big-ish. I take it from your wording you are only asking if the shell is original, sounds like they are repainted with fake liners from your description.

Pics would be good as Richie said.

?

They are a good dealer, I have bought stuff through them in the past....their helmet shells are original, most of them are repsinted post war for other uses, they strip the old paint, repaint them with their own paints nd install repro liners and chinstraps....

Site is www 1944 Militaria.com Claim to have some original items and reproductions for reenactor use. Will post pics of helmet as soon as I get my nikon back from friend that borrowed it. As long as these helmets are legit and have been refurbished as stated I think they deserve consideration. Price is about $285 for M 35, M40,or M42. Has some 62 or 64 size shells in stock. Just thought I would pass this info along so others may check out this site if interested.

Quote by mauser9 View Post
    Site is www 1944 Militaria.com Claim to have some original items and reproductions for reenactor use. Will post pics of helmet as soon as I get my nikon back from friend that borrowed it. As long as these helmets are legit and have been refurbished as stated I think they deserve consideration. Price is about $285 for M 35, M40,or M42. Has some 62 or 64 size shells in stock. Just thought I would pass this info along so others may check out this site if interested.
    They are mainly based on selling to re-enactors. They are a good legitimate company and I have met the owner at a few events. They do sell some original military items although they specialize in reproductions and are the best paint supplier I know for repainting German helmets or vehicles.

?

No worries on their claims mate....the lids are as described

A good dealer whom I have traded with in the past.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks for replies and glad I brought This company to forum members attention. While these helmets are refurbished to look new they make a fine display item if one cannot locate all original at a decent price. Realize many members may have been aware of 1944 Militaria but never saw a thread so I figured I'd mention it for newer members.