Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

2 helmet picked up at auction in Jersey

Article about: A couple of days ago a good friend of mine gave me a call to say that he'd seen 2 German helmets that were coming up for auction. Normally here in Jersey Channel Islands when something Germa

Great helmets that have a good background to them. Who cares what the "loser" has to say about the price, 1: It's not his money that bought them & secondly, I bet there are many people (myself included) who are a little envious of your fine purchases. Leon.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2 helmet picked up at auction in Jersey
    P
    Many

great find.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

?

Getting your hands on helmets that have not been through any collectors is what is what makes this hobby exciting. Also I'm sure that you paid less than you would have from any dealer. I find that helmets really "loose their sheen" the more hands that they are passed through. Well done.

Morgan

?

"Barn" type finds are getting more rare these days, but when they do turn up they are invariably in a true state of patina that cannot be reproduced very easily, i really believe that these finds are some of the best types to acquire, untouched since the original owners, not passed down through many different people.
    Nice pair of lids D. If I ever get to Jersey i have got to come and visit and see all your lovely "goodies"

Quote by JERSEY 34 View Post
    Only to be told by someone who had been bidding against me that I had paid too much.
    hhahaha, that's funny. I guess free advice is worth every penny? ;-)

GREAT helmets, and a pair too, wow. At this point in time, there is a lot of collectors out there who would like to get their hands on just one helmet like this, untouched, never in a collection, a true rarity. Simply outstanding find!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2