Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

2nd Helmet! M35 Heer DD Battle damage

Article about: Hi all! I picked up my second WWII German helmet today! The seller said the crack in the helmet was from artillery percussion, but who knows. You can see the heer decal better then the natio

Default 2nd Helmet! M35 Heer DD Battle damage

Hi all!

I picked up my second WWII German helmet today! The seller said the crack in the helmet was from artillery percussion, but who knows.
    You can see the heer decal better then the national decal, but it is there. You can see the original green paint underneath, what appears to be either camo, or a field repaint. It looks like remnants of white paint, or the repaint oxidized over time. I cant find any stamps except for what looks like a 3 on the inside. Let me know what you guys think! Also any ideas on value? This will also be for sale in the near future!

Haydn

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2nd Helmet! M35 Heer DD Battle damage
    P
    Many

Probably sell for around $200, give or take. Depends if someone is looking for a helmet like this. I had an M35 Heer in better condition than this, but no liner, just the liner bands such as this one, and it only sold for around $400, or around that, been a while since it sold. See attached to compare.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2nd Helmet! M35 Heer DD Battle damage   2nd Helmet! M35 Heer DD Battle damage  

2nd Helmet! M35 Heer DD Battle damage  

Ahh that was a little lower than i was hoping, but I am still pretty happy with it. Thank you for the comparison!

Haydn

It can be disappointing sometimes. Prices are always changing and so is what people are willing to pay.

Hey man, like I said on Facebook... I think this one might be an M35 'shorty'. Wait for the opinions of collectors who are more experienced with those, though. I know Jim (helmet2id) has one or two.

Looks OK like Original M-35 it may have had a camo type of woodchip paint on it at one time kind of looks like it there is probably a maker stamp in skirt Q ET EF SE or something with size probably covered over or corroded. Not a bad helmet for a shell. M-35 double decals are sought after and fairly expensive in the original state. timothy

Thanks Timothy, I think there was a nice camo/field repaint at one point. Is there anything that i can do that might boost the colors? I've been reading about the oxalic acid, but i do not think this helmet falls in that category. Would renaissance wax help preserve and maybe help the color a bit? Or just leave as is? I also looked pulled the liner band back and saw it was dated 1936 and saw the word "Berlin Koff...." I couldnt make out the rest after "Koff". I looked for the maker stamp in the skirt, but could only find what looks like a 3.

Thank you for all the help guys!

Haydn