Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

3 new arrivals

Article about: Thanks for sharing your helmet collection. I love it! How long have you been collecting them?

Default Re: 3 new arrivals

Doug, your helmet collection is incredible! To see so many in the one place is really impressive. I want to have a holiday in Canada now just to visit your house! You interested in the warm climes of sunny Western Australia? We could house swap - I just want the inside of your place! Cheers mate, Dave.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 3 new arrivals
    P
    Many

I dont mean to sound condescending in any way, but can you really get 20k for those SS helmets you have for sale? And if so, your wall o helmets must be worth nearly $1 million!

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    I have a book.
    OK , plan B, When ive thought of it

?

Quote by sunsetIE View Post
    I dont mean to sound condescending in any way, but can you really get 20k for those SS helmets you have for sale? And if so, your wall o helmets must be worth nearly $1 million!
    The $20k helmets you are referring to aren't mine for sale on Kelly's site. My 3 remaining out of the 12 or so ( the rest all sold in less than 1 week ) are below those selling for between $7500 and $11k. I do know the collector who is selling those 3 on Kelly's site and 2 of the 3 are already sold. In fact I owned 1 of those 3 that are for sale at one time.

Sandgroper if you are ever in the Great White North look me up.
    Cheers
    Doug

PS Dave, I have 2 books I could throw at you. LOL.

My apology for my mistake! The 20k price tags were boggling my mind!

?

Quote by sunsetIE View Post
    My apology for my mistake! The 20k price tags were boggling my mind!
    No worries, now try this on for size, I have seen an extremely rare SS helmet sell for over $50k believe it or not and have been offered more than that for my rarest. That said these are very few and far between. Most SS helmets out there are single decal M42s and a mid condition one will sell about $6-7k.

However as you can see on Kellys site, a nice condition apple green M35 double decal with original decals unmessed with in nice condition will fetch 20k in a relatively short time. A top condition, 30k with 1 or 2 phone calls. Crazy eh...

Quote by DougB View Post
    No worries, now try this on for size, I have seen an extremely rare SS helmet sell for over $50k believe it or not and have been offered more than that for my rarest.
    Wow! What kinds of helmets are they?

?

I am afraid the owner of the helmet has asked me not to reveal it but trust me it is one of a kind. I had a chance to own it at one time for $28k and I balked.
    That said, a lot of these super hi end helmets do not get sold but traded amongst collectors for similarly rare items.

Black DD M35 SS in great condition also sell for $40-50k in a relative heartbeat. I know of one with tunic that was bought at auction for a song. He has been offered an insane amount of money but thats the thing, money cannot buy these just like my rarest, money will not take them off the shelf. Something needs to be traded because collectors who collect not for profit but for the sheer enjoyment of the study, the rarity, the condition, the history, are an OCD lot and are somewhat disengaged from reality...lol we hang onto our items even though reality, and our wives, say no LOL (I say that tongue in cheek, as I am somewhat disengaged from reality myself)

Quote by DougB View Post
    I say that tongue in cheek, as I am somewhat disengaged from reality myself

"Normal" people would say we are all looney for collecting items of a government and military that plunged the world into war and caused so much death and destruction!

I can see myself becoming one of the OCD collectors. Even with the ones that I have now, which are nothing more that a handful of single decal Heer M40's, I would probably never get rid of. I even think that if some guy saved my life, I would tell him that he can have anything he wants, just name it, except any of my helmets. I can't do that, sorry! lol

It's a shame the owner doesn't want you to reveal what it is. It must be something pretty intense. Perhaps it's a (for some reason) camo black double decal SS M35 with chicken wire, a second pattern cover, and named to Heinrich Himmler.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast