Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

3 new arrivals

Article about: Thanks for sharing your helmet collection. I love it! How long have you been collecting them?

?

Default Re: 3 new arrivals

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    I can see myself becoming one of the OCD collectors. Even with the ones that I have now, which are nothing more that a handful of single decal Heer M40's, I would probably never get rid of. I even think that if some guy saved my life, I would tell him that he can have anything he wants, just name it, except any of my helmets. I can't do that, sorry! lol

It's a shame the owner doesn't want you to reveal what it is. It must be something pretty intense. Perhaps it's a (for some reason) camo black double decal SS M35 with chicken wire, a second pattern cover, and named to Heinrich Himmler.
    I totally am with you on that Mo. In fact my first helmet I got at 14, given to me by my uncles neighbor, a rare Austrian double camo WW1 triple named with a red stripe running vent lug to vent lug, was his grandfathers bringback from WW1 and the name Scotty, Peronne France 1917 is also written on the outside, is my top helmet still, I would never give it away or sell it for anything. It has too much an emotional value that money cannot replace. Now if my family was in need of food, clothing or shelter or health I would sell it all naturally as would any normal person.

Re- the rare expensive helmet, its just not something he wants advertised but its a hell of a helmet and not what you think!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 3 new arrivals
    P
    Many

Quote by DougB View Post
    Re- the rare expensive helmet, its just not something he wants advertised but its a hell of a helmet and not what you think!
    I wanna know!

?

Quote by sunsetIE View Post
    "Normal" people would say we are all looney for collecting items of a government and military that plunged the world into war and caused so much death and destruction!
    Its part of history. I also collect US, Canadian, some Imperial, and CEF. It is all historical. But the German WW2 items have a certain draw to them dont they. It best they be in the hands of collectors and top museums because the PC crowd would see them destroyed. These must stand as a testament to the times.

I wonder if there is a niche for ancient headgear collectors? That must be similar to your kind of SS helmet collecting. Roman helmets and such must go for crazy prices and then get traded for other things that are just as rare.

?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    I wonder if there is a niche for ancient headgear collectors? That must be similar to your kind of SS helmet collecting. Roman helmets and such must go for crazy prices and then get traded for other things that are just as rare.
    I know a collector of ancient helmets. My understanding is a top helmet from those times will fetch $500,000.....and he owns many of these...

When you consider Napoleans sword sold for $7,000,000 years ago, an Enigma machine sold for $250,000 just the other day, there is a class of collector out there that is beyond forums and the great unwashed like us LOL. I will just sit back and enjoy my helmets and "stuff"...a nice glass of red wine and chatting with friends around the world like this is a lot of fun!
    Last edited by DougB; 10-22-2011 at 02:26 PM.

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    I know a collector of ancient helmets. My understanding is a top helmet from those times will fetch $500,000.....and he owns many of these...

When you consider Napoleans sword sold for $7,000,000 years ago, an Enigma machine sold for $250,000 just the other day, there is a class of collector out there that is beyond forums and the great unwashed like us LOL. I will just sit back and enjoy my helmets and "stuff"...a nice glass of red wine and chatting with friends around the world like this is a lot of fun too!
    You Sir are one of the most dedicated collectors i have seen, I hope to have a collection as good as yours soon! But I am happy with what I have and it slowely grows and grows .

cheers,
    pat

?

Hi Pat, thank you for the compliment, and with time, study and knowledge you can build a nice collection and would love to see what you have now!

Hi Doug,

Have you ever posted a thread about your first helmet... the one you got when you were 14?

I'm sure a ton of us would love to see it! It could definitely give us hope that our meager collections can blossom into something great like yours!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7