Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

4 vent ,m 40 ear cut our picture

Article about: here is the picture of the very rare m40 ear cut out german helmet.i would asume this is the raest of all the m35/40s and therefore priceless///sorry again having trouble uploading it ,will

Default 4 vent ,m 40 ear cut our picture

here is the picture of the very rare m40 ear cut out german helmet.i would asume this is the raest of all the m35/40s and therefore priceless///sorry again having trouble uploading it ,will try again

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 4 vent ,m 40 ear cut our picture
    P
    Many

Default m40,4 vents ,and ear cut out picture

guys this finally is that rare helmet,and surely this must be the rarest m40 on the planet and therefore the most exspensive to buy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 4 vent ,m 40 ear cut our picture  

Default Re: m40,4 vents ,and ear cut out picture

Guys im suprised i never so far got any replies concerning this rare helmet.surely its the rarest german ww2 helmet ever ,short of one worn by the so called top nazis.

probably because its so rare there isnt much hope of anyone wanting one as its more or less impossible to find so then that possibly eliminates anyone having an interest. Any idea what the background of the one in the picture is though? the decal and paint arent anything like what I've seen before.

Thanks

Danny

?

That is Luftwaffe flying personnel helmet, and that is a not a usual combat helmet. They are exists, but personally not a my area of interests
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Default Re: 4 vent ,m 40 ear cut our picture

Dimas, Were those Luft flight helmets modified by the airmen? I have seen pictures of Luft flight crew members who hammered bulges into the sides of standard combat helmets to accommodate earphones, but I have never seen a picture of a post m18 helmet with ear cutouts. Do you have any period pictures of any such helmets? It is, of course, an interesting piece and I appreciate Las Vegas posting pictures of it, but did expect some skeptics to question it, as it is something that most of us have never seen before. Thanks, Jim Geanuracos

Guys its in the helmet book i mentioned ,and i asume is an origianl ww2 piece.I would have thought that this is now the helmet to really try and get,as rarity has always interested collectors of all antiques.It would be great to see one being worn in ww2.Im glad i was able to bring it to the attention of the collectors who have never seen or heard of it!

hello,
    This is in fact a very rare helmet it is a fliegerstahlhem type 2. these were in fact factory made but in very small batches this is definantly it do to the two airvents and the cut out and flyers personel insignia on the side. here is a link to a very good german helmet information guide and the fliegerstahlhelm. German-Helmets.com

oh and this is a real beuty because it also has the wooden clog painted on it for II/Zerstorer Geschwader 26 "Horst Wessel" it is also painted the red color. when it was issued it would have been bright red. many do not know why this was done but some speculate that this was done to increase visibility when ditching out over water

?

H waffenrock42 , i doubt very much you`ed want a metal helmet on your head if you ditched into water !!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast