Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

42 date chinstrap,info and advise appreciated

Article about: Bought this,came from vet auction,look good?I needed a strap for my luft m40,its a little dry but need to condition it,what to use on it?

Default 42 date chinstrap,info and advise appreciated

Bought this,came from vet auction,look good?I needed a strap for my luft m40,its a little dry but need to condition it,what to use on it?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 42 date chinstrap,info and advise appreciated   42 date chinstrap,info and advise appreciated  

42 date chinstrap,info and advise appreciated   42 date chinstrap,info and advise appreciated  

42 date chinstrap,info and advise appreciated   42 date chinstrap,info and advise appreciated  

42 date chinstrap,info and advise appreciated  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 42 date chinstrap,info and advise appreciated
    P
    Many

M38
    ?

Not liking this one, looks like the infamous hump back buckle.

Cheers,
    Terry

MAP
    ?

Quote by M38 View Post

Cheers,
    Terry
    Yup. Agree.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by M38 View Post

Cheers,
    Terry
    +1

Does it smell of leather? (It should not)

It is a fake , indeed the humpback one.

Ok thanks guys!No is dosent smell new,its definatly old,dry leather,must be an old repo?

Thanks for the opinions guys!The deal on this chinstrap is,I bought it from a guy that bought it at a vet auction along with another original chinstrap and an original helmet in the 90s.I can send it back to him for a refund no prob.He thinks its 100% original,so are we sure its a repo?Just dont want to make him mad and find out later its good.Anymore opinions would be greatly appreciated!It sure looks very old and could not have been made recently,its dry like the russian hoard of stored p38 holsters that are deemed original,not trying to make a case for it as I dont care ,like I say, can always send it back.

M38
    ?

You have not received ANY positive opinions and I don't think you will. It may be an old repro, or it may be an aged repro. The second option, in my opinion. But either way, still a repro. I'd for sure send it back.

Cheers,
    Terry

MAP
    ?

Well the "humpback" buckle is fake. And this is one of them. So I think you are on safe ground.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

the buckle is typical and brand new , these straps already existed in the nineties. You can also see that the black side of the leather has a washed look , normally it is black. On top of that the maker code stamp is typical for these fakes.
    You can still buy them here for 25 euros , new.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast