Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

$6 and 15min,m42 helmet

Article about: Now that I got your attention. Sorry for the bad title. I was going to throw away a lamp that my son and his friend kept knocking off the table and breaking, but decided to take an old m42 h

Default $6 and 15min,m42 helmet

Now that I got your attention. Sorry for the bad title. I was going to throw away a lamp that my son and his friend kept knocking off the table and breaking, but decided to take an old m42 helmet that was lying around and make a lamp out if it. Total cost was a little over 6 dollars and took around 15 min. to complete. I bought extra things that I will take back to the big box store. I little fun on a Monday evening on the farm. Mod. Move thread if needed.
    Marty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture  and 15min,m42 helmet    and 15min,m42 helmet  

and 15min,m42 helmet    and 15min,m42 helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement  and 15min,m42 helmet
    P
    Many

It works well in that last image, reflecting the light back down onto the desk. Leon.

I know it's an ugly helmet lamp, but main message for me was quality time with the son and teaching time on how to wire a lamp socket. I guess a small lesson here and there molds our kids into productive adults. Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

nice little project and a great way to display doesn't look like the stahlhelm came to any longterm harm ,can i ask if its simply rests atop the lamp or have you put supports in ?
    regards ,james

James the ring on the top of the lamp shape was a little big and tall so I cut the small ring off and then bent the wires in to create a flat area for the helmet to rest on.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

many thanks TD for explaining cheers james

?

Patton had four German helmets set up as lamps on his large map board