Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Advanced Digital Magnification (ADM), comparisons of Heer decals. Good vs Bad.

Article about: I just got home with my new toy, a 20 - 400 x digital microscope. After 30 minutes of checking out my bellybutton, various components of a meal (chicken looks like a complex limestone cave s

Default Re: Advanced Digital Magnification (ADM), comparisons of Heer decals. Good vs Bad.

The USB microscope is a great tool , I have one since two years now but I admit I don't use it too often anymore as 99% of fakes (Heer , Luftwaffe , Polizei , KM ,...) still are not that good as to require that high level of magnification. If you are going to spend SS money than it starts to have its use. I use it mostly for fun these days , it is a different world out there when you look at things at high magnification.

But remember it all starts with the eyeball and decal knowledge , that is your first and most important line of defense. The USB microscope won't buzz green or red to tell you what you are looking at is fake and it takes some time to get used to. Like Andy I bought some cheap fakes to study when I just got my machine just because I was so exited but to be honest these cheap fakes wouldn't have fooled me anyway. But it's interesting to see them up close nonetheless.

The best use I have seen so far is the discovery of some high end SS fake decals , the Sauerland study and the discovery of an unknown original Bigfoot variant decal. All done by Doug who's been using it for a couple of years now.
    All these topics are pinned for all to read on the GHW forum.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Advanced Digital Magnification (ADM), comparisons of Heer decals. Good vs Bad.
    P
    Many

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3