Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advices from camo experts

Article about: Since I saw the first normady camo helmet I have been 100 % sure that I have to get one of these someday. :- ) Do anyone of you guys have a good guideline for what to be aware of when you ar

Default Re: Advices from camo experts

Don't like the KM decal on the helmet in the previous post. Majority of M42 KMs were made by Fulda. ET? Would be very rare!

Looks like a restored lid?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Advices from camo experts
    P
    Many

Yeah I think that KM decal is a faker. Paint could fool ya but not with that decal.

?

Exactly. Never jump to camos till your comfortable with factory helmets, decals and all the components.

This decal is from a buddies Normandy Camo...he got it from a Vet of the 82nd Air.
    Sorry the pic is so small but I don't have the actual helmet in my possession as he won't let it out of his house. Maybe If I keep at him he will let me take pics of the entire helmet.

Thanks,
    Last edited by Max Hansen; 04-20-2012 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Real Or Fake?

My buddy got this years ago from an 82nd Airborne vet. Sorry the decal is so small but he won't let me post the entire helmet.

Max
    Last edited by Max Hansen; 04-20-2012 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Real Or Fake?

?

A fake decal is not something you wish to see on any helmet
    Haha no absolutely not. – Must say I couldn’t tell that. But I understand that it was very easy for you guys to see. Can some of you deepen what looks wrong with the decal? I am really looking forward to get better at this.

But you must say the camo looks pretty well right? It looks almost exactly like one of RonR helmets. It’s the guy with the most sweet and mind-blowing collection from the Walhalla forum. He might also be registered on this forum, can’t say. I know doug knows about him and I guess many more of you do to. He have among a giant number of other sweet helmets this camo Luftwaffe helmet. When you look on the structure of the paint it looks very much the same as on this km camo. Link to thread with the helmet (must be member to see pictures)

The seller of this km camo is from France and he guarantees the originality and do return on his sale. He tells that it was found at a farm in Normandy a long time ago. I just wrote an email to him that I will make a pass. I think this is the third time some of you guys have saved me from buying something bad and I guess it is not the last

Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Advices from camo experts   Advices from camo experts  

?

Sorry I forgot the link. Here it is: Board Message

Quote by ackb View Post
    Haha no absolutely not. – Must say I couldn’t tell that. But I understand that it was very easy for you guys to see. Can some of you deepen what looks wrong with the decal? I am really looking forward to get better at this.

But you must say the camo looks pretty well right? It looks almost exactly like one of RonR helmets. It’s the guy with the most sweet and mind-blowing collection from the Walhalla forum. He might also be registered on this forum, can’t say. I know doug knows about him and I guess many more of you do to. He have among a giant number of other sweet helmets this camo Luftwaffe helmet. When you look on the structure of the paint it looks very much the same as on this km camo. Link to thread with the helmet (must be member to see pictures)

Cheers
    The best discussion can only be had with good photos and all the helmet details. Just going on two photos would be unfair to Ron R and the helmet in question.
    About the decal , on a ET shell there can only be one decal style. Study that one and no other fake decal on an ET shell will fool you ever again.
    If you have access to the GHW decal reference section you will find plenty of examples to study.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2