Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ahh Heres the postman with My helmet....

Article about: I thought I would share this with You.I welcome any comments.Do I try and find a chin strap maybe?

?

Default Ahh Heres the postman with My helmet....

I thought I would share this with You.I welcome any comments.Do I try and find a chin strap maybe?Attachment 862127Attachment 862128Attachment 862129

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ahh Heres the postman with My helmet....
    P
    Many

A chinstrap wouldn't hurt but you know this is a Norwegian liner don't you?

Nice Quist made helmet in a large size. The liner denotes, as Glenn said, post war Norwegian usage. The shell was made between 1940 - 1943 as the serial number position was moved to the back of the helmet skirt in 1943.

liner is to new for the helmet. inside the dome of the helmet has a bit of rust. but the liner tongues are not damaged in any way. the Q 66 lot number. is that a the rear of the helmet?

Q66 denotes Quist, size 66cm, not the lot number. The lot number is the one underneath and both would be on the side of the skirt. After 1943 the Q** stayed there and the lot number was moved to the back. Still a nice helmet even with the replaced liner which shows some wear and tear too. Not a true WWII helmet setup but still something I'd be happy with.

T4479

?

Thanks Guys. Yes Norwegian liner and number at back of skirt.Got it for a good price too!! And it fits Me perfectly lol

You can always put a camo cover on it to hide that hole...
    Glenn

?

Thanks Guys. I had a look at the liner rivets and was expecting to find brass but they are in fact aluminium.What would this indicate? I thought Norwegians used brass pins on their helmet liners

If you wanted to, you could locate the original non-dyed leather for that helmet. I believe there is one for sell for a very good price that may fit your helmet, which I will post a link for.

The Collector's Guild

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast