Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Ahh Heres the postman with My helmet....

Article about: I thought I would share this with You.I welcome any comments.Do I try and find a chin strap maybe?

?

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    You can always put a camo cover on it to hide that hole...
    Glenn
    I tried that but she didn't like camo.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ahh Heres the postman with My helmet....
    P
    Many

?

lol I have had a snoop at the liner and I can make out 1942 and very faint but the writing "Bin buig and beitung or beltung".I had to use a jewelers eye glass lol.

Looks a good find.

Hi,
    Have I not seen this helmet on another forum today for sale but it had a wire passing through the holes on either side. Amazing how things mover around.
    D

Default I knew I had seen it before.

Here are some pictures of your helmet as I remember seeing it elsewhere, except now the wire is removed. Who ever fitted the wire took real effort to attach it making those holes in the rim of the shell. I have never seen a wire attached in such a way before. Hope you have fun with it, thats what collecting is all about.
    D
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ahh Heres the postman with My helmet....   Ahh Heres the postman with My helmet....  

Ahh Heres the postman with My helmet....   Ahh Heres the postman with My helmet....  

Ahh Heres the postman with My helmet....   Ahh Heres the postman with My helmet....  

?

I wondered if those holes were made to improvise a bucket after the war - I know that it often happened in those times of thrift and scarcity. Perhaps the liner was added quite recently - presumably the Norwegians would have scrapped a helmet with such a non standard modification? Perhaps the paint is recent too - it looks quite unscuffed on the rivets, vent hole etc, which suggests the recent paint job to me.

Regards, Philip

Interesting and disturbing that the helmet magically 'grew' a wire between being acquired for 'a good price' and now being offered for sale on another forum

A pretty low act in my book, fraudulent in fact.

Well spotted!

?

Thanks Guys .For the record the wire was on it when I purchased it.I removed it and the helmet is not currently for sale.The guy I bought it from is open and honest and I am sure has not at any time made it look like something it isnt.

So if the wire was 'original', why remove it?

?

Because it is now My helmet and that is how I would like to display it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast