Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Another camo!

Article about: Hello Chaps, Heres another helmet I picked up years ago from a bloke I used to know who did house clearances. Apparently from an old boy who had passed away. Who knows? Its an M35 EF64 with

Default Another camo!

Hello Chaps,

Heres another helmet I picked up years ago from a bloke I used to know who did house clearances. Apparently from an old boy who had passed away. Who knows?
    Its an M35 EF64 with a lot number of 21333. The lot number is quite lightly stamped so the first 2 and the last two 3s are more of a guess.
    Is it just another messed with helmet or the best 30 quid I ever spent ?!!

As always will be grateful for any opinions. Thanks in advance.

Another camo!Another camo!Another camo!Another camo!Another camo!Another camo!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Another camo!
    P
    Many

?

It looks like it has some age to it. The camo texture and paint scheme reminds me of the skin on an avocado ! the liner has been ripped out and no chinstrap....possibly a corpse cut? Hmm..I would like to hear some more opinions.

Red face

Thanks Dean,
    Do you have camouflaged avocados in California?

post war camo in my opinion , probably a collector who wanted to spice up a used helmet. Decal is too worn vs the paint.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    post war camo in my opinion , probably a collector who wanted to spice up a used helmet. Decal is too worn vs the paint.
    Hi ,my instincts say this is a post war cammo job to. The main reason I am not happy is that the edges of the helmet show good wear ,but the crown area shows virtually no wear at all in these images. A used period helmet would show a more even level of wear all over. Leon.

I agree with the post war opinions too, but still good for thirty quid.

Thanks for the replies fellas appreciate it.

Funny how your less subjective about your own stuff, and it takes other people to point out what you should have noticed yourself!

Looks o.k. on the shelf though so think I will leave this one as it is.

Thanks again.

Heres the crown.

Another camo!

?

Postwar camo IMO

Thanks for your reply Doug,

opinion is that its a post war repaint. Glad it cost very little!
    Such a shame so many helmets have suffered the same fate.

Thanks to everyone for your valued opinions.

?

Although I've seen similarly painted helmets, including a netted FJ - the lack of wear on the paint and the overall patina and application is problematic on this one.
    Regards,
    John

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast