Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

another fake HJ helmet ?

Article about: Recently got this HJ helmet . Its got ET 60 stamp on the metal and 53 inner. Galvanised inner retainer and the HJ decal only on the left side. Rust is coming trough on the lower rear. Could

Default Re: another fake HJ helmet ?

Thanks v much guys for your knowledge. The consensus is strongly for fake decal and probably added liner but what of the very small size lid? I find this interesting.

Was it for tiny headed adults or for juveniles? Also it looks to me as if the lid paintwork is original?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement another fake HJ helmet ?
    P
    Many

Size 60 is the smallest size they made. We all have a different size head and the Germans catered for it. To me I would love a size 60 as they aint all that common. To me the paint looks original, a nice M35 re issue.

?

You have to remember the average German was a lot smaller back then. Helmets in size 60 were for the runts of the litter just like size 70 were for the testosterone freaks of nature Germany had as well. Most common size is a 64 with lots of 62s and 66s out there as well.

Fakers always pop these fake HJ decals onto size 60's as the small size looks the part.

The guys above are spot on about the sizing, and also about the fact that size 60's always get stuck with these decals as they certainly DO look like kids helmets.

In some cases I suppose smaller bodily proportions could be attributed to malnutrition during the interwar period in Germany? An interesting thought that I'd love to discuss further..

Josh

?

The size '60' stalhelm accounted for 10 percent (aprx 2.5 million) of the total helmets manufactured during the period, compared with the most numerous, the size '64', of which almost 40 percent of the total produced, it is indeed uncommon. The least common of the sizes manufactured were the '70' (5 percent), and then the '60' and '68' sizes (both 10 percent of the pieces produced).

Regards,

Carl

?

i am not a helmet collector, so please dont jump down my throat on this. my only interest is in are things original or not. i have found sites on the net describing HJ decals on differnt types of helmets, but with scetch pictures. i know that is not enough proof that they were period used. we all want period pictures of some things as proof. and no doubt many have looked for period pictures as i have. ( i had nothing else to do for a few min. and i was curious). period pictures of these things are as scarce as hen's teeth as i'm sure you know. so i'm feeling pretty good about finding one ! no doubt some one will say the pic is fake too lol. but here it is. i just hope it helps some one.
    andrew
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture another fake HJ helmet ?   another fake HJ helmet ?  

A great photo, Andrew and one that I have not seen before.

I have heard about this type of HJ decal with the border and such.. I'm fairly certain I saw someone mention in another HJ helmet thread that Helmet2id (Jim) had one with a decal like this.. I could be wrong!

Where did you find that image Andrew?

Josh

?

Hi Josh,
    glad you liked the pic. i think i was just lucky finding it on the net.
    here is a link to another page i had found, showing more info, but no period pic.
    German-Helmets.com
    i cant say if the site is reputable or not. i just dont know.
    andrew

Quote by Andrew View Post
    i am not a helmet collector, so please dont jump down my throat on this. my only interest is in are things original or not. i have found sites on the net describing HJ decals on differnt types of helmets, but with scetch pictures. i know that is not enough proof that they were period used. we all want period pictures of some things as proof. and no doubt many have looked for period pictures as i have. ( i had nothing else to do for a few min. and i was curious). period pictures of these things are as scarce as hen's teeth as i'm sure you know. so i'm feeling pretty good about finding one ! no doubt some one will say the pic is fake too lol. but here it is. i just hope it helps some one.
    andrew
    It's not a Hitlerjugend decal , they are firebrigade helmets and uniforms. This is also mentioned in the caption of the bottom photo.

?

yes hitler youth fire brigade as the other insignia, such as the arm band indicate. please look at the german helmet link i posted too for other info i found on these types of decals. i dont think there is really any question the decals shown on the helmet indicate a hitler youth group.
    andrew
    p.s in the blown up picture. if you look at the jacket on the right side of the picture. you can clearly see a youth membership pin on the left jacket pocket. just an observation.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast