Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

another helmet identification please

Article about: I purchased this helmet about six months ago from someone who had it in their collection for a number of years, They were told it was found Hurtgen forest. I am very suspicious of this helme

Default another helmet identification please

I purchased this helmet about six months ago from someone who had it in their collection for a number of years, They were told it was found Hurtgen forest.

I am very suspicious of this helmet and think it may even be spanish ! owing to the two weld or repair holes to the front of the helmet.

In regards the camo paint or whitewash please see pic of the area where helmet meets wire whatever this material is it looks too new.

your opinions would be greatly appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture another helmet identification please   another helmet identification please  

another helmet identification please   another helmet identification please  

Last edited by Russellm; 04-07-2012 at 07:01 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement another helmet identification please
    P
    Many

Default Re: another helmet identification please

It appears to have a brown/red wash over top of the white paint !

If there are welded holes on the front it was probably used by
    another country. Two small welds, horizontally positioned
    about one inch apart could indicate a Spanish helmet.
    Vertical holes about 2 inches apart could be
    Hungary, Latvia, etc.........

EDIT: Thanks for the extra pics, which definitely
    prove it's not a foreign made lid !
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 04-08-2012 at 05:44 AM. Reason: Additional text.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

A Spanish helmet would lack the german manufacturers stamping, and would have 7 holes for the liner.

EDIT - To clarify, the shell is NOT Spanish made. It may have been used in Spain, but was not made there. I spy a CKL maker's stamp.

Nitram

Quote by Nitram View Post
    A Spanish helmet would lack the german manufacturers stamping, and would have 7 holes for the liner.

EDIT - To clarify, the shell is NOT Spanish made. It may have been used in Spain, but was not made there. I spy a CKL maker's stamp.

Nitram
    I agree, it's a ckl aka ET shell, so WW2 German made. The firm Eisenhuttenwerke Thale changed their maker mark to ckl mid war. I'm not sure about the whitewash and wire though, Certainly not a one looker. If I was looking at buying this one I'd probably err on the side of caution.

Edit: Now that I think about it, it might have been used post war as some sort of civic helmet. The holes at the front probably are for a police badge or something of that nature. If that is the case the camo is obviously no good.

Gents, thanks for comments at least it looks like it was at least once the real deal, i have now started being very careful where I source my helmets from and thankfully did not spend too much money, any further info greatly appreciated.

Quote by Russellm View Post
    it looks like it was at least once the real deal, i have now started being very careful where I source my helmets from and thankfully did not spend too much money, any further info greatly appreciated.
    Unfortunately it has lost all it's history , all it is is a mock-up.

You can also clearly see the double bend in the rivets that indicates they have been removed and replaced.
    No liner band can miraculously just dissappear and leave rivets untouched!!

THerefore it HAS had human intervention an as has been said, lost all it's original history......

Dan

As the others have said its a German shell, but a mock up of a lid. By he sounds of it you didn't break the bank on it though which is good

Jason