Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

another lid (sorry)

Article about: Hi again everyone, Sorry bout keep posting the same thing but after being ripped off then getting one that i thought was ok but wasn't I'm super wary even after looking thru my reference boo

Default another lid (sorry)

Hi again everyone, Sorry bout keep posting the same thing but after being ripped off then getting one that i thought was ok but wasn't I'm super wary even after looking thru my reference books. Any help on this one and I would be very grateful. Thanks alot Jay.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture another lid (sorry)  
    Attached Images Attached Images another lid (sorry) 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement another lid (sorry)
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: another lid (sorry)

The helmet is fresh painted , and the decal is not authentic.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Thankyou Dimas

I agree fake decal and post war paint.

I liked the helmet when i saw it,it looks like an se factory shell,but luckily you have gotten a be wary note from other guys .

Ah well the search goes on!!!

Jay, Please don't feel bad about posting pictures of potential buys on this forum for comment. Many of the guys here know an awful lot and can help newcomers to the hobby avoid mistakes, and are more than happy to help any of us evaluate a particular helmet. The exchange of information about these historical gems is, I think, one of the main purposes of this site. Additionally, I would recommend a few good reference books, Ludwig Baer's "The History of the German Steel Helmet, Kelly Hick's "SS Steel", and Ken Niewiarowicz' "Germany's Combat Helmets, 1933-1945, A Modern Study", are all quite informative, and the latter 2 have great pictures and information that help detect "enhanced" (fake) items. Going to shows, "junk shops" and tag sales to see helmets in the flesh helps as well. Good luckk in the hunt, there is one out there with your name on it. Cheers! A fellow collector, Jim G.

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Jay, Please don't feel bad about posting pictures of potential buys on this forum for comment. Many of the guys here know an awful lot and can help newcomers to the hobby avoid mistakes, and are more than happy to help any of us evaluate a particular helmet. The exchange of information about these historical gems is, I think, one of the main purposes of this site. Additionally, I would recommend a few good reference books, Ludwig Baer's "The History of the German Steel Helmet, Kelly Hick's "SS Steel", and Ken Niewiarowicz' "Germany's Combat Helmets, 1933-1945, A Modern Study", are all quite informative, and the latter 2 have great pictures and information that help detect "enhanced" (fake) items. Going to shows, "junk shops" and tag sales to see helmets in the flesh helps as well. Good luckk in the hunt, there is one out there with your name on it. Cheers! A fellow collector, Jim G.
    Agreed, Its a great book!!!

Thanks for the kind comment Jim I'll look into those books asap

Hey mate, dont be so hasty about the purchase of an german helmet, take your time, research as much as you need, and when the time comes, you will buy a good one.
    Best regards
    Nuno

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast