Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Another M40, not as salty ;-)

Article about: I said I'd only need one helmet... and after having that one helmet for a while, an M42, I started hankering for an M40, dang I like the look of those early helmets, but at the time I though

Default Another M40, not as salty ;-)

I said I'd only need one helmet... and after having that one helmet for a while, an M42, I started hankering for an M40, dang I like the look of those early helmets, but at the time I thought if I only had one it would be an M42. Granted it's been a couple years.

So I lucked out and found a decent example on the fairly cheap. The leather is gone but no big deal to me, I don't wear em, and I don't look at the underside much. What did matter to me is that the pins have been in since day one, no one's tried to do anything to it. A guy posted it online for an older gent who doesn't do the online thing. Seller himself knew absolutely zilch about it.

Anyway, I think it's a really decent example for a low budget collector like me. Seen here with three other things that have come in the mail since the month started. It's my Bday this month (double nickel), I'm indulging myself (more than usual ;-). But still proud to say I'm 100% debt free, I pay my CC balance every month. Those poor saps have not made one thin dime off me in years!

Another thing I like about the helmet is the absence of any decals. I can leave it out a little without eliciting a negative remark from my significant other. As my brother in law says, "a happy wife is a happy life" ;-)

Pic taken today, when it finally quit pouring, got just enough light to pull it off between outdoor chores. Everything you see in the pic is new to me this week.

Another M40, not as salty ;-)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Another M40, not as salty ;-)
    P
    Many

I like the Artillary visor.
    Congrats and keep paying that CC off!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Nice. Any more close up? And Ralph is right. That is a cracker of a visor.

Now don't go fooling your self that just two helmets will be enough. Especially if you put them in a room along together. They are going to start breeding like rabbits and since they are not the same you never know what the litter will be. An M35, SS, KM, Police, Camo?????

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

nice helmet!. and listen to Map- even the low budget helmet collection breeds like rabbits too!

I'll get a couple more pics tomorrow. I sure like it for being such a plain jane.

PS Yeah, I got my eye on another helmet, but it's a little tougher. Guy doesn't want to ship, gotta figure out a way to work it. It's the M35 I posted for opinions the other day. Might need a little help from a board member in the right city with that one.

MAP
    ?

What city?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Can't say, but we do have a member there, I might just have to ask a favor...

Hi, looks a nice un-messed with M40, looks good with the collection as well. Leon.

It looks like you have had a good week.

Steve

Yeah, the Artie cap is a beaut, and it's growing on me. What I really wanted was an NCO Infanterie cap in nice condition, might trade the Artie for a decent Infanterie Schirmmuze.