Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Another S A Stahlhelm

Article about: by ToxicGas And I wasn't aware that the SA continued as an organisation during the war, I had thought that what was left of it was absorbed into the ranks of the SS. I think most members of

Default Re: Another S A Stahlhelm

Quote by ToxicGas View Post
    And I wasn't aware that the SA continued as an organisation during the war, I had thought that what was left of it was absorbed into the ranks of the SS.
    I think most members of the SA would have chosen to die before joining the SS. In terms of wartime fighting service, the SA ended up within the German Army as the elite Feldherrnhalle formations (finally as a Panzerkorps), which at the time ranked equally alongside the Grossdeutschland units, but since has been somewhat forgotten. FHH is one of the few areas of the Third Reich that really fascinates me.

So indeed, militarily, the SA did contribute to the war quite significantly in this guise.

Rob

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Another S A Stahlhelm
    P
    Many

Great lids Bob I am sure only few still exist.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Quote by Battery Command Post View Post
    I think most members of the SA would have chosen to die before joining the SS.
    You make a good point, with the rivalry that existed between the two. I suppose I had made the assumption based on the idea that those left after the purge of the Night of the Long Knives would have been disbanded or incorporated into the SS in some form. I'll have to further investigate the FHH and the SA's other wartime contributions, as it's totally new to me. Cheers for the info.

Mat

Super super helmet.
    Chris

Two ultra cool helms.
    I guess the interesting thing with the Feldherrnhalle formations is that the army of 1933 were totally against any form of intergration with the SA.
    Rohm,s concept of "a sea of brown engulfing the rock of field grey" (the peoples army) was not looked apon favorably by the army's staff in any form.It was one of the main reasons the army backed Hitlers policies and turned there backs on the actions of June 30 1934.
    Combat manpower on the field during time of war heals alot of old wounds though.Arch enemies in 1933-34 comrads in arms at the end.

One of the many reasons why Hitler lost the war is the fact that none of his organizations would cooperate!

Nice helmet Bob.

?

One of my favorite SA helmets.
    Thanks for the show Bob, great example!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2