MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Another Stalingrad helmet cover, cheers Lars.

Article about: Looks good guys Yes i stitched some myself and also on the ones we are finishing up for the other guys. Yes she is quite talented indeed. Craft educated as tailor then design, management and

Cool Another Stalingrad helmet cover, cheers Lars.

This arrived today, cheers Lars mate As I said in the PM, the workmanship is really superb. It's absolutely a perfect fit as you will see. Thanks again to Anna, I had some fun fitting it. I used some wire combined with a little thing I had lying around made up of cord, hooks and a little anodised aluminium piece. I guess this is the intended purpose for the device but I don't know where it's from, if anyone has a clue please let me know. I soaked the cover before putting it on for a tight fit when dry and I think it worked out well. I've got it on a Quist M42 shell that was probably repainted postwar, with a cleaned Norgie reissue liner I got from Todd.

I really like it, the chance of getting an original one like this is pretty much 0%, so this one made with the correct original Soviet material AND original wehrmacht thread will do nicely

Another Stalingrad helmet cover, cheers Lars.Another Stalingrad helmet cover, cheers Lars.Another Stalingrad helmet cover, cheers Lars.Another Stalingrad helmet cover, cheers Lars.Another Stalingrad helmet cover, cheers Lars.
    And this one to show the same type of field made cover in wear in Stalingrad. I was going for this look when fitting it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Another Stalingrad helmet cover, cheers Lars.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Another Stalingrad helmet cover, cheers Lars.

Nice job with the fit Andy as to the nylon cord hook and tension-er I have these on two of my mountaineering tents and they are used to pull the slack out of the cords to the ground lines and or pegs .

Regards Mark K

Cheers for the info Mark. It's not synthetic cord though it's cotton. That makes perfect sense now you mention the tent thing, fits perfectly for this purpose though

I like the look. Great use of the liner, Andy. I had no idea Lars' old lady was making these. She has some talent!

Quote by helmetone View Post
    I like the look. Great use of the liner, Andy. I had no idea Lars' old lady was making these. She has some talent!
    Thanks mate. Lars did a bit of the stitching himself too I believe so credit to him also

?

Very nice Andy. I like what I see. I think it's neat. Try and get the same band as the one in the period pic. It will look even neater!

Quote by SSamir View Post
    Very nice Andy. I like what I see. I think it's neat. Try and get the same band as the one in the period pic. It will look even neater!
    Cheers mate, I'll be keeping my eye open for any old bikes lying around to raid the inner tubes for sure

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Thanks mate. Lars did a bit of the stitching himself too I believe so credit to him also
    Didnt know that. But she looks better so I give her more credit

Looks great Kradspam,not quite as "battle worn" as mine!! HaHa! I like the rig you have made around the cover. P.S. my helmet band is made of wehrmacht utility straps dated 1941/42 respectively,and a big thank you once again to Lars and Anna!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another Stalingrad helmet cover, cheers Lars.   Another Stalingrad helmet cover, cheers Lars.  

Another Stalingrad helmet cover, cheers Lars.   Another Stalingrad helmet cover, cheers Lars.  

Last edited by FALLSCHIRMJAGER; 01-01-2013 at 12:31 PM.

Thanks mate, yours reminds me of this guy's cover a bit. Been in the grinder for so long that he loves it now

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast