Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

An Answer For The Much Debated Spray Painted Camo Helmets? A Rare Period Photo!

Article about: It's been much debated about camo helmets and spray paint guns, but until Now, I have never, that I can recall, seen an actual Photo of a period German Spray Painter Gun in action! I was muc

Quote by duska View Post
    Another gravity fed spray gun being used in the field, well in a barn at least.

Attachment 839070

Attachment 839071
    For my money, the same spray gun as shown in the original post and in mine. As can be seen there is no difference between the three unless you count the different nozzles or tips that could be fitted to control the jet of paint whether wide, narrow, whatever. That's it, case closed.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement An Answer For The Much Debated Spray Painted Camo Helmets? A Rare Period Photo!
    P
    Many

The case that never really was has officially been closed

?

Quote by fallbarbarossa View Post
    Was there ever really a good argument that spray guns weren't around/weren't used during WWII? I do like the photos, but who could ever really argue against spray painted camo helmets in the first place?
    It's a nonsensical argument started a couple of years ago by a few disruptive fringe collectors who created controversy where none exist and do not actually own many helmets themselves but always feel the need to be heard that claims small spray pattern camos are exclusively the work of modern model paint guns.

There are plenty of period photos of both the guns, the application of spray paint to helmets with said guns, and of period spray painted helmets as the one I've attached. Furthermore there are many spray camos in collections around the world with indisputable provenance.

To say that the helmets are forgeries and without a period spray gun to prove their existence has been a non starter from the get go. A complete waste of time and sadly the many threads here and other forums were completely derailed by one of their more vocal proponents whose name rhymes with Boss and who did not even collect TR era helmets, but rather pictures of same.

There is no epiphany here. Nor is there anything new to see, these spray photos have circulated on the interweb for years. But I thank those who posted them.

Quote by DougB View Post
    It's a nonsensical argument started a couple of years ago by a few disruptive fringe collectors who created controversy where none exist and do not actually own many helmets themselves but always feel the need to be heard that claims small spray pattern camos are exclusively the work of modern model paint guns.

There are plenty of period photos of both the guns, the application of spray paint to helmets with said guns, and of period spray painted helmets as the one I've attached. Furthermore there are many spray camos in collections around the world with indisputable provenance.

To say that the helmets are forgeries and without a period spray gun to prove their existence has been a non starter from the get go. A complete waste of time and sadly the many threads here and other forums were completely derailed by one of their more vocal proponents whose name rhymes with Boss and who did not even collect TR era helmets, but rather pictures of same.

There is no epiphany here. Nor is there anything new to see, these spray photos have circulated on the interweb for years. But I thank those who posted them.

well, now that that's over, what kind of machine gun is that??

CBH
    ?

Thanks Doug for the real answer !
    And the gun in the photo is a MG 15 I believe .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2