Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

is it any..

Article about: good morning Gentleman's, I wanted to ask: do you think that is any genuine piece? or postwar made and stamped liner?? thanks for any interest..

Default is it any..

good morning Gentleman's, I wanted to ask: do you think that is any genuine piece? or postwar made and stamped liner?? thanks for any interest..
    is it any..is it any..is it any..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement is it any..
    P
    Many

Default Re: is it any..

Looks ok to me but I'm not sharp on the fakes, but I do like the wear with the pig skin at the forehead area, Can you use a real camera? Mobile phone shots make it difficult

Looks ok to me but the canary yellow that your camera has made the leather look(i hope it's the camera!)would make me want to hang some millet seed next to it!!Ho Ho

Is it just me or are there 9 fingers. Doesn't seem to be any age on the inside but I like the color, considering the pics we have. Would want alot better pictures

Jason

Could be OK. Photos in natural light would be better. Nine fingers isn't a concern for a 66/59 liner band.

You'll probably find it's 8 1/2 fingers actually, with the stitching through the ninth...... and it would HAVE to be a replacement liner if the band is dated 1940 wouldn't it? ..... I thought pigskin was used way later than that - maybe that's why it looks sorta fresh?

( I have a similar liner that may have had replacement leather .... the issue is, by whom and when?? )

Dan

Quote by Danmark View Post
    You'll probably find it's 8 1/2 fingers actually, with the stitching through the ninth...... and it would HAVE to be a replacement liner if the band is dated 1940 wouldn't it? ..... I thought pigskin was used way later than that - maybe that's why it looks sorta fresh?

( I have a similar liner that may have had replacement leather .... the issue is, by whom and when?? )

Dan
    When in doubt....pass.

I think better pics might give this one the green light.