Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Any chance on this one

Article about: Any chance this is period paint, seems to be brush painted, thought it may have a small chance of being a kriegsmarine , painted for on board ship use.

?

Default Any chance on this one

Any chance this is period paint, seems to be brush painted, thought it may have a small chance of being a kriegsmarine , painted for on board ship use.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Any chance on this one   Any chance on this one  

Any chance on this one   Any chance on this one  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Any chance on this one
    P
    Many

German-Helmets.com
    "In some rare cases, Kriegsmarine helmets have also been observed where the factory paint finish has been over painted in a light to medium "battleship grey" color."

?

Great bit of info, it may have a chance then. Many thanks.

MAP
    ?

Over at GHW, there was a thread by a collector who had a number of Kriegsmarine "battleship grey" helmets. While the shades varied, none looked like this. Just saying....not passing judgment on this helmet. Not my expertise but I would be very wary....

M

P.S. I couldn't find the thread.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

You would definitely need better pictures before pulling the trigger on something like this. There is no way to give a good evaluation with these! I see a few things I don't like, such as the bent up liner band, and loose pins, the new looking rust, and a general gut feeling about the paint. All of this may be explained away, however, with high quality pictures!

?

I agree better pictures are needed and I am wary on this hence the thread . I will probably pass on this one, but will try for better pictures.

Hi, personally speaking, it is not a shade I have seen on a Kriegsmarine helmet before, looks closer to US naval paint to me? Leon.

FWIW, I don't like the uniform scratches. Seems to be too many of a similar type and direction that appear forced to my eyes. I'm not keen...