Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Any help would be most appreciated!

Article about: Agreed-the liner probably did not come originally with this shell, but I can tell you-whoever Did put this liner in did a bang up nice job of it. Usually, the metal ring shows tampering with

Agreed-the liner probably did not come originally with this shell, but I can tell you-whoever Did put this liner in did a bang up nice job of it. Usually, the metal ring shows tampering with and a poor fit if it's been dropped into another shell, but This one looks tight and right in place like it should.
    (I have to admit that I Did cringe abit when I saw the untied liner string, though! But, in this case-no harm-no foul! )
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Any help would be most appreciated!
    P
    Many

In my defense in my very first post I professed my ignorance and said I did not untie it for fear of doing something wrong....In the future tell a fool like me "good job, you never want to untie those". Then I was asked to check the felt and the only felt I could think of would be under the liner so 2 + 2= 5 in this case.

Take a finger, just not my trigger finger as it will make firing my Luger much more difficult.

In regards to the strap, it has been said a couple of times that people had heard of this but never seen it. Is there anyway to figure out if it is original?

When I said to check the felt I meant for you to feel the felt - for if you had felt the felt you would have realised that the felt felt more felty than it should have felt if in fact it was not original felt .......... :-)

Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I would have felt the felt LOL

For me nice complete M-42. timothy

So now I know, feel the felt but do not photo the felt.

If I am understanding correctly, the common consensus is that the helmet is original, liner is correct but was replaced at some point down the line (and very well done), the strap is the new loch ness monster as people have heard of these but never seen them and never untie the liner string! Did I miss anything?

You done well, son...... :-)

Cheers, Dan

Can't add much more to that. And, I dunno, Dan...if he'd felt up the felt, it sounds vaguely illegal-he might have gotten in trouble...Don't worry about Dan, beach...remember, he's under the Ozone Hole. They have poisonous beavers with duck bills down there....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Yes, no ozone, and weird mammals.
    These critters too!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Any help would be most appreciated!  

Hi , I think you have a nice looking M42 . That said,if it were not for the slight mis-matched look to the liner pin heads paintwork I would say it was all 100%. It is a close call in that respect but it is a 1944 manufactured helmet so maybe they just used whatever pins were at hand in the stock cupboard? Also other known CKL 5527 helmets are no decal slate grey issue so yours checks out nicely! Leon.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast