Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Any tips for purchasing a single decal (National shield) Paratrooper helmet?

Article about: We will be seeing it on Saturday, 9-13. Owner says it's good, he purchased it about 10 years ago at a local flea market. He needs the cash, so he's selling. Is there anything we should be lo

Default Any tips for purchasing a single decal (National shield) Paratrooper helmet?

We will be seeing it on Saturday, 9-13. Owner says it's good, he purchased it about 10 years ago at a local flea market. He needs the cash, so he's selling. Is there anything we should be looking for as a definitive indication, either way, fake or authentic? We have some experience, but are still learning. It will be a big purchase for us, if it goes through. He is asking about 1400.00 for it.

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Any tips for purchasing a single decal (National shield) Paratrooper helmet?
    P
    Many

Only to have a national shield is a red flag, so not a good start. I would get him to snap a few pics and email them to you, then add them here. It might save you the drive. Price is in the danger zone too - not too high, not too low. I am skeptical. It would be impossible really to give you what you need to know in just text.

?

Did you apologize to bigmacglenn66 for wrongly assuming that his post regarding your medal was intended as malicious sarcasm? If so, others might be more likely to help, although this question in particular is somewhat broad.

Bigmacglenn66 is a very helpful member who has assisted many with translations and the like.

Quote by Erno View Post
    Did you apologize to bigmacglenn66 for wrongly assuming that his post regarding your medal was intended as malicious sarcasm? If so, others might be more likely to help, although this question in particular is somewhat broad.

Bigmacglenn66 is a very helpful member who has assisted many with translations and the like.
    Not sure if that is the reason few are posting here but, I agree, Glenn's knowledge of the German language is very good. He is always willing to help and is seldom incorrect.
    The thread that Erno is referring to.
    Please help identify this medal
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks for the tips. I just apologized to Mr. Glenn personally.

The para helmet is massively faked to varying degrees of skill, without images it would be impossible to give an opinion but it would be unusual that the adler has been removed but the National shield is still present. Have a look at the "roll over" of the rim especially. If it is an ET made piece it will have a very clear and prominent "line" running along the roll over. Leon.

?

With all due respect.....If you do not know what you are looking for, you are walking through a minefield and be prepared to get blown up.
    Do not buy it without good clear closeup photos that you post here first. If he cannot or will not provide such then walk away.

If you spend your $1400 on what you "think" is real, be prepared to lose it.
    You would be better off to buy $1400 worth of lottery tickets or go to Vegas and throw it all down on Red or Black. At least you have a 49% chance of winning.

Sorry but Doug pretty much summed it up...I have tried to get one for years, and have never seen a legit $1400 one..in the days of the internet,anyone can just google how much things are worth

Quote by Erno View Post

With all do respect sir, why bring up old wounds in this new thread, should it not be handled in private or at minimum where it was made? Besides, not only is that between Glenn and Karen, Karen made his own bed, now he must sleep in it. We must remember apologizes can be faked just as good as some of the relics we collect.
    Anyhow Karen, as said it's next to impossible to give an accurate opinion without pictures. Be very cautious, the price is way too cheap and it sounds like the seller knows exactly what he has.
    ------
    Furthermore, if your intentions are truly to aid Karen, which I would've thought you'd of done this in private if they were, pointing said situation out again will surely not assist him in getting more replies here...really it only refreshes everyone's memory and makes them think even more about reserving their knowledge. This of course isn't necessarily referring to you, but there seems to be a lot of glass houses and stones around here lately(including my own as the above isn't my business either). Just my take on things. Good luck with the helmet Karen, I hope it's authentic.

By the way, I'd have thought his comment was directed at Big Ned or Gunny, not Glenn?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast