Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Any tips for purchasing a single decal (National shield) Paratrooper helmet?

Article about: We will be seeing it on Saturday, 9-13. Owner says it's good, he purchased it about 10 years ago at a local flea market. He needs the cash, so he's selling. Is there anything we should be lo

?

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    With all do respect sir, why bring up old wounds in this new thread, should it not be handled in private or at minimum where it was made? Besides, not only is that between Glenn and Karen, Karen made his own bed, now he must sleep in it. We must remember apologizes can be faked just as good as some of the relics we collect.
    Anyhow Karen, as said it's next to impossible to give an accurate opinion without pictures. Be very cautious, the price is way too cheap and it sounds like the seller knows exactly what he has.
    ------
    Furthermore, if your intentions are truly to aid Karen, which I would've thought you'd of done this in private if they were, pointing said situation out again will surely not assist him in getting more replies here...really it only refreshes everyone's memory and makes them think even more about reserving their knowledge. This of course isn't necessarily referring to you, but there seems to be a lot of glass houses and stones around here lately(including my own as the above isn't my business either). Just my take on things. Good luck with the helmet Karen, I hope it's authentic.
    I wouldn't have mentioned it had the other thread not been abandoned. Actually, I thought that 'KarenFC' had left the forum altogether until reading this thread. It seemed apparent to me that KarenFC just abandoned that thread after accusing someone who has never been rude to anybody (as far as I know) of being maliciously sarcastic and then just continue on as normal asking questions a few weeks later. Anyway, I don't support the withholding of knowledge, because it benefits everyone reading and not just the thread starter.

I guess the message could have been conveyed via PM, but that can be said of a lot of things, including what I'm typing right now and the message to which I'm responding.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Any tips for purchasing a single decal (National shield) Paratrooper helmet?
    P
    Many

"I guess the message could have been conveyed via PM, but that can be said of a lot of things, including what I'm typing right now and the message to which I'm responding."-Erno
    I perceive the difference as, just like last time, comment 9-11 were direct responses to statements and the subject matter within this thread...unlike when one brings prior issues unspoken of into the current thread from a past one. It just appeared to be more hurtful than helpful but really what does it matter, there are still no pictures to go on(that might be why so few members commented in the first place)?
    Moving on as to not start another bickering match, I think this pictures speaks volumes to the situation at hand....
    Any tips for purchasing a single decal (National shield) Paratrooper helmet?

And none of this continueing here is helping the situation any further. KarenFC has stated that they have apologised to Glenn in private, so why bring it up again? Let's just drop it. No need to waste good band width on this anymore.
    I am sure that KarenFC has received good advice and will make his/her decision appropriately.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I still don't understand where this thread is going. Everyone is going in different directions, talking about different things...helmets, rude comments, why people are bringing up the rude comments. there is no focus point to this thread. Why is it still going on?

Quote by warbuff View Post
    I still don't understand where this thread is going. Everyone is going in different directions, talking about different things...helmets, rude comments, why people are bringing up the rude comments. there is no focus point to this thread. Why is it still going on?
    That is why I posted my comment. I was hoping it would end. Let me ask this, why are you bringing it up again? Actually. please don't bother to answer. If this continues, I will start to delete posts and clean up this thread.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Begin clean up. Close thread. Delete if possible. It is useless.

Well, turns out the guy (a record collector) had no idea what he was talking about. The helmet turned out to be a double decal Wehrmacht helmet. We passed. He never sent pic's, either. Thank you all for taking the time with your advise. (PS, I'm a female)

Seems odd.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2