Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Army DD m35 for Review

Article about: I am being offered this helmet. I know its not perfect, and the decal looks like it may have been painted over or something happened to it. What would a DD in this shape be worth?

Default Army DD m35 for Review

I am being offered this helmet. I know its not perfect, and the decal looks like it may have been painted over or something happened to it. What would a DD in this shape be worth?

Army DD m35 for ReviewArmy DD m35 for ReviewArmy DD m35 for ReviewArmy DD m35 for Review

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Army DD m35 for Review
    P
    Many

I am no expert by any means, but the perfect lines around the adler decal seem weird to me. Just an observation, but it looks as if they carefully painted around the adler decal with precision, whereas the national tri-color decal appears to have been applied on top of the repaint. Th overall patina and wear of the helmet looks good though.

Most M35's when repainted, lost the national decal per some regulation that was adopted in 1940. I am trying to learn myself, so don't take my opinion as a valid one.

Lets see what the "Big Boys" have to say about it.

better decal photos are a requirement.

These are the only photos I have at the moment. It does look like the decal was painted around on the side with the eagle. What would one like this be worth roughly?

Hi, looks as though this one has been heavily over cleaned/scrubbed at some point and this has damaged the paint and decals. I think the decals are probably original but as Schwerpunkt says, better images would be good. The over paint itself looks as though it were a hand applied(brush) one, and the decals were gone around. I have seen this before on many helmets, but the condition of this one really is not the best due to the over cleaning. Personally I would pass on it. Leon.