Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Australia Helmet Dealers

Article about: Hi all Im after my first Helmet purchase ( WW2 German ) and was hoping i could get some input re Australian dealers or overseas dealers . Should i purchase online or go to shows ( im in Vict

Quote by Hoss View Post
    Hello René
    I can imagine there are many goodies down there from troops bringing them home I'd love to see your m17. Been to Australia many times beautiful country its a looong flight lol!
    I noticed quite a few items from W2 North Africa have you found that too? I didn't have much time I was there to work.

Regards
    Eric
    Not much here from my time collecting from Nth Africa. We had many more veterans from WW1 west front

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Australia Helmet Dealers
    P
    Many

Ebay can be OK sometimes as long as you know what you are looking for. I picked up a nice 1895 Pickelhaube last night at what I consider to be a pretty good price.

hi criss.
    I often go to the Ballarat gun and militaria show, and the Melbourne one too.
    I have never walked away with anything. I find most German helmets down this way are 200 to 300 hundred dollars more expensive and even more sometimes.
    and a lot of helmets always seem to be, just not right in someway, like the liner has been replaced or tampered with.
    but yet they still ask for the same price,, as a helmet in better condition that you will find for sale over seas.
    the sites that have been but up on this thread have good quality items .
    im not saying that you will never be able to find something at a good price down here.
    You can drive, to markets and swap meets. but most of the time you walk away with nothing.
    DAVE WRIGHT of Ballarat. can be a good place to visit.
    there's a new shop there to, on humffray st ballrat .I have visited this store few times but can not remember the name of the store.

Buying from the US at the moment will add at least 25% to the price of the item at the moment because our dollar has plummeted over the past two months,
    but the overseas dealers that Doug mentioned get some great helmets in, you just have to be prepared to pay the prices.

Ballarat is has a couple of guys dealing in Militaria, Dave Wright, and Ben Smith. (both have shops in Ballarat), the I.S. Wright auction house in Ballarat
    (no relation to Dave Wright) has just closed down, and will only operate out of their premises in Sydney now, although they do have a small shop in
    Melbourne city, but this is mainly stamps and coins. Garry McDonald in Essendon (EK Militaria) does get a few helmets in from time to time, and although
    Garry's prices can be a bit erratic, he will negotiate to a degree.

Sadly the local shows here in Melbourne seem to be just a dumping ground for rubbish.

Bob

?

Quote by Bob Lyons View Post
    Buying from the US at the moment will add at least 25% to the price of the item at the moment because our dollar has plummeted over the past two months,
    but the overseas dealers that Doug mentioned get some great helmets in, you just have to be prepared to pay the prices.

Ballarat is has a couple of guys dealing in Militaria, Dave Wright, and Ben Smith. (both have shops in Ballarat), the I.S. Wright auction house in Ballarat
    (no relation to Dave Wright) has just closed down, and will only operate out of their premises in Sydney now, although they do have a small shop in
    Melbourne city, but this is mainly stamps and coins. Garry McDonald in Essendon (EK Militaria) does get a few helmets in from time to time, and although
    Garry's prices can be a bit erratic, he will negotiate to a degree.

Sadly the local shows here in Melbourne seem to be just a dumping ground for rubbish.

Bob
    Thanx for all the input fellows .

Think im going to start my collection with a M1 Korean or Vietnam , so if you have any leads in Melb or oz plz do let me know .

Quote by criss View Post
    Thanx for all the input fellows .

Think im going to start my collection with a M1 Korean or Vietnam , so if you have any leads in Melb or oz plz do let me know .
    Well, that's a complete 180 from your original post. Change your mind and decide not to go with a WWII German helmet?

I have noticed the allied militaria in Australia remains cheap/on par with the US/EU while Axis items are astronomically overpriced.

?

Quote by MD Helmets View Post
    Well, that's a complete 180 from your original post. Change your mind and decide not to go with a WWII German helmet?

As i'm new to collecting , trying to reach out to some local collectors for leads on helmets . From the input i received looks like the local fairs/shows are a waste of time , they where going to be my first port of call .

I m still on the look for a nice Luft or heer helmet to start the German collection . But thought i would have a better chance finding a few nice M1 types in Australia to get underway and feed the bug .

If i must i guess the Good old US will be next on my list

Good luck on a good US M1 WW2 down here hehehe
    Last edited by reneblacky; 02-08-2015 at 08:28 AM. Reason: added text

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2