MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Austrian M16/17 Early Transitional Heer. Named & Untouched.

Article about: Greetings folks! I'm in a great mood today, this beauty arrived a little earlier than I expected and the weather held off long enough for me to get some good pics of it too. It's been rainin

Wink Austrian M16/17 Early Transitional Heer. Named & Untouched.

Greetings folks! I'm in a great mood today, this beauty arrived a little earlier than I expected and the weather held off long enough for me to get some good pics of it too. It's been raining for about 4 days solid now where I am. I didn't know there was that much water in the world.

Anyway anyway, where shall I begin I'm not sure of the Austrian factory that made this helmet originally as there are at least 2 paint layers are filling in the original marks, can anyone make that out? I think during the reissue process in the Thirties they added the lone '64' stamp on the other (left) side as it is much crisper and only under one layer of paint I believe. The lot number is on the outside at the top of the dome as usual in the AH lids, and is 'B 186'. When viewed from above, the vent lugs are not symmetrical with one being slightly forward of the other. A typical feature of Austrian helmets I learned (cheers Doug).

The liner is in great condition but has a few stitches at the rear that have split, and I think a touch of blood(?) damage at the front edge as it is black, crispy and cracking at this point. Maybe a casualty of Poland/France? It's a non reinforced early type, my first of this kind. It is named to M.M.C or M.M.G. I can't read the date or maker as it is stuck fast in the position. I tried to see if I could read it backwards on the inside of the outer band but no joy Chinstrap is unmarked, full length and nice and supple with a little damage where it bends over the visor on one side, so I think it has been in that position many years.

The decals are both almost fully intact, with a great and early rounded bottom tricolour shield paired with a Heer eagle. The eagle has taken a little bit of damage but I can absolutely live with that

Delighted is an understatement I hope you guys enjoy!

Curious cat is postwar.

Austrian M16/17 Early Transitional Heer. Named & Untouched.Austrian M16/17 Early Transitional Heer. Named & Untouched.Austrian M16/17 Early Transitional Heer. Named & Untouched.Austrian M16/17 Early Transitional Heer. Named & Untouched.Austrian M16/17 Early Transitional Heer. Named & Untouched.Austrian M16/17 Early Transitional Heer. Named & Untouched.Austrian M16/17 Early Transitional Heer. Named & Untouched.Austrian M16/17 Early Transitional Heer. Named & Untouched.Austrian M16/17 Early Transitional Heer. Named & Untouched.Austrian M16/17 Early Transitional Heer. Named & Untouched.Austrian M16/17 Early Transitional Heer. Named & Untouched.Austrian M16/17 Early Transitional Heer. Named & Untouched.Austrian M16/17 Early Transitional Heer. Named & Untouched.Austrian M16/17 Early Transitional Heer. Named & Untouched.Austrian M16/17 Early Transitional Heer. Named & Untouched.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Austrian M16/17 Early Transitional Heer. Named & Untouched.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Austrian M16/17 Early Transitional Heer. Named & Untouched.

Congratulations friend, a real beauty all-around!
    Glenn

?

That is a good looking helmet.

Nothing better to lift your mood then getting a new lid on a rainy day, you got a great one!

I hate you!

Joking. Great lid Andy. I think you are running out of shelf space so feel free to send one of those combat lids my way.

Quote by helmetone View Post
    I hate you!

Joking. Great lid Andy. I think you are running out of shelf space so feel free to send one of those combat lids my way.

Shelf space is becoming a problem mate, I have 2 or 3 that I can't display tucked away around the house with my best 6 on those shelves. I'm moving house soon so maybe a trip to Ikea is in order later this year for a real war room.

Another great lid....and a great collection too.
    Dale

?

Thats a great transitional. I love it!

Great helmet my friend!!If you are running out of shelf space you could always take the post war cat off the top of the TV and put one there.

?

I must admit i dont like you very much either, the helmet i like very much, but its owner, now thats another subject, and i'm not jealous damn your eyes

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast