Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Awesome M35 ET64 Luft Camo

Article about: It has finally arrived. My new beauty. M35 ET64 German Luftwaffe Camo, Lot # 3378, with BA acceptance stamps on dome (still trying to read it) Named to Uffz Müller (Unteroffizier/Corporal).

MAP
    ?

Thanks Doug,

Your feedback is welcome and appreciated and is taken to heart. One small item, under the USB the small round circular chips appear to actually have been paint bubbles when it was sprayed on as there is a slight elevated ridge around the perimeter of the circle of dried paint. Don't know if this helps or not.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Awesome M35 ET64 Luft Camo
    P
    Many

?

Your welcome Michael. Don't know if paint bubbles helps or hurts, seems kind of strange though. Note the edge wear. A helmet gets worn on the edges from handling, your USB pics looks chipped. If this much wear on the edges why no wear anywhere else other than paint bubbles and the many small similar scratches that also have paint chips? Like I said, camos are very subjective and people will see different things in them, hard to find a consensus on them at the best of times.

Hello Friends,

In regards to the bubbles in the paint. Could it be possible that these were caused by droplets of water being on the helmet when the
    camo was applied?

Mart

?

Hi I'm the consigner of this helmet.
    I think it shows many attributes to it being original.
    The bubbles in the paint are not anything to do with camo paint it's damage to the paint underneath it has nothing to do with the camo.
    It also has one curved scratch I always thought was just post war damage,it happens!.
    To me it a great early intact helmet with many areas showing good age and patina to the camo paint.
    An in hand look shows all this in volumes.
    One or two members comments who are not holding it should not sway someone who is.
    PS Doug liked this 5 years ago.

Throwing my 2 Aussie cents in here ( which I know is worth less than two US or Canadian ones ) there is another theory about the scratches and chips.
    I have seen images of helmets hanging off personnel carriers, half tracks and the like during non-combat periods ( presumably with those leather helmet carriers? )
    The jostling these would get would be quite different to the normal wear from handling or removal and would certainly result in odd chips and strikes....... any thoughts on this possibility for the abrasions guys?

Regards, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

After reading this whole thread and I can't believe I'm saying this I think all Dougs comments on the wear on this helmet are ambiguous and wrong.
    I count many mistakes in what you think you see from the photos especially on the edges.
    I think if you had a hold of this you would agree.
    Sorry Doug didn't think I would ever be saying that to you but there it is.

?

Quote by Bourne View Post
    Hi I'm the consigner of this helmet.
    I think it shows many attributes to it being original.
    The bubbles in the paint are not anything to do with camo paint it's damage to the paint underneath it has nothing to do with the camo.
    It also has one curved scratch I always thought was just post war damage,it happens!.
    To me it a great early intact helmet with many areas showing good age and patina to the camo paint.
    An in hand look shows all this in volumes.
    One or two members comments who are not holding it should not sway someone who is.
    PS Doug liked this 5 years ago.
    Like I said to you offline Paul I am sorry about your situation but it's unfair to blame me that the purchaser wasn't confident enough about the helmet to keep it.

I posted a camo once that received about 30 very positive comments on GHW and not 1 negative comment. 5 years later someone bought it from the dealer I sold it back to and it relieved mixed reviews on WAF, including some from those who gushed over it when I first posted it, and the purchaser returned it.

Opinions can change as does experience and circumstances Paul. Seeing some high end fake camos being distributed via dealer networks has made collectors far more cautious about them, at least it has for this collector.

Kens helmets are typically no question and I clearly stated in the thread that he'd probably disagree with me. These are after all merely opinions and I do not sell my opinion nor profit from my opinion. You can take it or leave it and without any helmet in hand it's a risk to rely on opinions. It's also up to the seller to prove authenticity, not other collectors who view the piece.

In closing, I understand your frustration, I've been there, but only stated an opinion and others can disagree, as I said. In the end, it's just that. I am not a dealer, I am not a seller, and people can take it, leave it, or perform their own work to learn the hobby and not rely on anyone else's opinion.

You also have the benefit of the helmet in hand, I am commenting from photos shown and I said others are free to disagree with me, it's just an opinion that may have changed since I saw it last. My opinion is not a COA.

Cheers

?

Quote by Bourne View Post
    After reading this whole thread and I can't believe I'm saying this I think all Dougs comments on the wear on this helmet are ambiguous and wrong.
    I count many mistakes in what you think you see from the photos especially on the edges.
    I think if you had a hold of this you would agree.
    Sorry Doug didn't think I would ever be saying that to you but there it is.
    I can be more specific if you want but whatever, I see no point and probably won't bother commenting on helmets here any longer. I don't need the aggravation.

Paul- I am not your helmet crutch and merely stated a free opinion of what I see/saw at this point in time by pics provided. People are free to disagree but when I am wasting the better part of a day with other people's drama, it's too much for me anymore, I have my own problems.

I said it's just what I'm seeing, others may not. Cheers, over and out - for a while.

Make up your own minds, don't rely on opinions from others based on usually poor photos.

Learn the hobby people.
    Last edited by DougB; 05-19-2015 at 05:55 AM.

?

Some more information regarding the unit stamp in the dome.
    The 34 flak Regt was disbanded in '39 and it's batteries split up.
    I imagine the owner kept his helmet as the 4th Battery moved and at some stage it was over painted covering the national colours and new style luft decal applied considering the original liner in the helmet I always wondered if this was done at a unit level and the same owner kept it or if it was reissued at that point. There is extensive repetitive marks on the ORIGINAL blue overpaint the 3 colour camo overpaint is on top of a lot of this damage and in many spots it's not bonded well and has fallen out giving a deceiving look to it.
    I drooled over this helmet for a week with a loupe finding all these things and many many more
    To reveal its story to me.
    I guess this helmet needs to be studied in depth and in hand to reveal what I believe it's true character is I could write a 10page essay on this helmet but that is my thoughts and experiences.

?

Doug I don't think I asked you to be my helmet crutch.
    I think the problem is you already are to too many other collectors I also never thought of you as a COA I already bought the helmet and was happy with it I only asked your opinion that's all that's why I was surprised to hear you question it now.
    Sorry it's worked out this way today Doug no need to give up posting on my account.

Paul

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast