Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Awesome M35 ET64 Luft Camo

Article about: It has finally arrived. My new beauty. M35 ET64 German Luftwaffe Camo, Lot # 3378, with BA acceptance stamps on dome (still trying to read it) Named to Uffz Müller (Unteroffizier/Corporal).

Quote by Bourne View Post
    Doug I don't think I asked you to be my helmet crutch.
    I think the problem is you already are to too many other collectors I also never thought of you as a COA I already bought the helmet and was happy with it I only asked your opinion that's all that's why I was surprised to hear you question it now.
    Sorry it's worked out this way today Doug no need to give up posting on my account.

Paul
    Hello Paul ,

Is this one also one of yours on consignement from Ken ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Awesome M35 ET64 Luft Camo
    P
    Many

?

Hi
    No.

Quote by Martin C View Post
    Hello Friends,

In regards to the bubbles in the paint. Could it be possible that these were caused by droplets of water being on the helmet when the
    camo was applied?

Mart
    Or indeed grease spots on the base layer of paint!...

Hi Paul, welcome to the forum (even if it is a fiery one)! Thanks for your deeper insight and study of this helmet. Personally as I have already said, I like it, but as Doug quite rightly points out, an opinion is just one persons view. I must admit that from Michaels new images, some of the wear does look more like "popped" bubbles than "strikes". Water, oil or just a build up of excess paint around the air nozzle could have caused them. As Doug mentioned, cammo's are a real debating point on almost every occasion, so for me it's a fine example, but maybe not for someone else. Leon.

?

Hi Leon
    The bubbles are strange I admit but they are not wear it is damage to the paint under the camo paint some of them still have camo paint in them where it has not fallen out they are possibly also burns of some kind but either way they were there when it was sprayed.i even think you can see where its been taken off a head many times by a thumb and forefinger on the right side of the visor, very worn on the inside less so on the outside but it had a lot of use before it was camo'd so I think that would be normal. For me it has fine and interesting patina and wear in many areas that don't show in photos.
    Most of all for me and my study of this helmet it makes sense and all adds up to what I think a camo Luftwaffe flak unit helmet should look like I mean it was in use since 1938 then was camo painted possibly 4 years later for not a long time.
    Thanks for the welcome I also wish it was under different circumstances.
    Regards
    Paul

?

I have watched this thread. Debates, opinions, levels of experience, comradery, friendship & diverse knowledge are all shared here on WRF. The best forum with the best members on the planet. I had stayed away from Forums for years because of poor behavior & lack of regard for people being shown. Be proud there are stretches where we don't all agree. Without discernment, stretching & questions by seasoned vets on this forum we don't protect the integrity of the hobby. We will never always agree 100% and nobody is exempt from being wrong. I am proud to have watched this stay above board. At the end of the day it is just stuff and relationships, integrity, trust and respect with each other is all we have along with the stuff.

Be well! Rossi
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Nice piece

Beautiful looking helmet buddy!

Quote by MAP View Post
    Thanks Slados,

I'm no expert on Camos myself. I know a mid-level amount but in hand and under a loop, the marks all appear to have much age to them. Nothing looks recent, with most showing a nice "patina" (for lack of a better word) or to the exposed edges.

I also was thinking what you were saying (much more eloquently than I however). A camo that was a shelf queen.

Respect all opinions given here. It is greatly appreciated to have a debate (unfortunately with my helmet LoL).

Here are some close up shots of the marks from my USB Microscope. I bit hard to focus these but hopefully it helps.

Michael

Attachment 840572Attachment 840573Attachment 840574Attachment 840575Attachment 840576Attachment 840577Attachment 840578Attachment 840579Attachment 840580Attachment 840581
    I mean how pretty are those closeups.! Old thread I know but still what an effort. Just digging up some old Doug B posts to view and saw this. My opinion is 50/50 on this lid and I think I would have returned it also. Ever find out the final disposition of it?

MAP
    ?

Quote by WW2headgearlover View Post
    I mean how pretty are those closeups.! Old thread I know but still what an effort. Just digging up some old Doug B posts to view and saw this. My opinion is 50/50 on this lid and I think I would have returned it also. Ever find out the final disposition of it?
    I kept the helmet. I had it in hand and to me I was comfortable with it. Since then I have shown it to a number of respected collectors who like it as well.

In the end. Camo helmets are all about public perception. And I fully acknowledge that this one will not win over everyone so it will always be controversial, but I'm ok with that, and it's not leaving my collection (despite a few offers to sell it) so all is good.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast