Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Bahnschutz Polizei

Article about: Guys, I expect this is wrong but you never know. I don't like that the national emblem is not straight but I know that this is not always 100 % correct depending on the individual that appli

Default Re: Bahnschutz Polizei

Jim,

Thank you for your time and estimate.
    Seems a lot of money to me even at half of the cost for what it is. Still I will look after it a bit better now.
    I too collect but perhaps not to the same depth of yourself. I find it amazing the amount of money that changes hands for the rarer items. I don't like to exceed the three to four beer mark in value if I can help it.
    I look forward to seeing the blue colour, was I right in the assumption that it is not the Dark Blue Luftschutz colour but something else?

Best Regards

Jock

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bahnschutz Polizei
    P
    Many

This is a good piece in my opinion. I owned one about 7 years back....shell type, satin black, liner, and decals identical. As the movement of human cargo to the east increased in '42-3 (?) the Bahnschutz Polizei came under the jurisdiction of the SS. Earlier, WWI style helmets could be painted med blue.

?

By the photos I would have to disagree with my esteemed colleagues about the originality of the decals. The party decal appears to be the reproduction, the sharp lines are not typically period and the crazing is indicative of a decal made from incorrect materials. The Bahnschutzepolizei decal also has the appearance of a modern reproduction.

These are exceedingly rare and thus a detailed examination is required, with the challenge of not many to compare to so one has to fallback to construction and print method comparables to period decals.

Examine away,

I find my gear in the trash, this has been here a long time and now you have an opinion.

But then you are the man!?

Can you quote exactly which ones are exactly period from all of your original examples and known examples, really?

Fill your boots and then some!

Happy new year.

Jock

Here is one that is currently for sale.

Luke

Bahnschutz PolizeiBahnschutz PolizeiBahnschutz Polizei

There's always the risk of comparing fakes to fakes but here is another example. One common denominator (whether good or bad) is that they share that particular tranny shell type which is very much like the "Himmler style" SS...in profile.

"IF" these are bad then do they serve as the proverbial poster child for faked BS helmets?

?

Quote by rogge16 View Post
    Bahnschutz PolizeiBahnschutz PolizeiBahnschutz Polizei
    This was reviewed at GHW2 and also felt to be a reproduction. I don't like this one either.

?

Quote by jock auld View Post
    Examine away,

I find my gear in the trash, this has been here a long time and now you have an opinion.

But then you are the man!?

Can you quote exactly which ones are exactly period from all of your original examples and known examples, really?

Fill your boots and then some!

Happy new year.

Jock
    Nice response.

Sorry Jock Auld but this is the first time I have seen this thread. I do not possess the time nor do I have the inclination to examine each and every one of the 172,783 threads nor read all of the 814,242 posts.

Trash or treasure I care not, I simply stated my opinion based on what I see and my experience, not upon where you do your militaria shopping. Just because you dumpster dive doesn't make your helmet real or a fake.

Like I said if you had comprehended my post is these are exceedingly (this means "very") rare (that means "hard to find") and as such originals are hard to locate to draw comparables. Hence my comment that decal construction and print comparables are critical. Based upon known party decal fakes this has the same sharp lines and crazing. The Bahnschutzpolezei decal also has similar sharp lines and a distinct lack of age.

By detailed examination I mean in hand with a powerful loupe and ADM to close up evaluate the print and construction.

In the end it is simply my opinion and you can take it or leave it as you may, snide remarks and WAF response aside, those, you can stuff up your keister.

Cheers, happy selling and dumpster diving.

Doug

?

Quote by Nigel Lesgate View Post
    There's always the risk of comparing fakes to fakes but here is another example. One common denominator (whether good or bad) is that they share that particular tranny shell type which is very much like the "Himmler style" SS...in profile.

"IF" these are bad then do they serve as the proverbial poster child for faked BS helmets?
    Hi Nigel, I am afraid that comparing fakes to fakes might be what is happening. Like the fake SS found on the M34 these were also on black civic helmets and that comparable was seen as part of the rationale for accepting them as real.

These BSP decals are all on the same helmet in this thread which is black factory paint and seen in no decal versions. The concern is these like the fake M34 SS are acquired very I expensively and "decaled up" to turn a helmet worth a couple hundred dollars at the high end into a helmet worth $3-4,000.

So I default to what is the decal made of and does the print match period print types. Decals with consistent sharp lines simply are not of the period. Decals with no cellulose base are also highly suspicious. These BSP and party decals both have those traits as seen from the photographs.

Examining them by an experienced ADM user would be very valuable as would examining multiple copies of them to look for the telltale "fingerprints" each maker of decal has.

I am therefore very cautious when it comes to any rare decal found on typically no decal helmets and any civic helmet decaled in factory (ie Mercedes, BMW, etc) decals, or BSP, RLB, TENO, etc (the rare decals).

The risk of comparing fakes to fakes is huge with these so again, I default to print and construction, fair comparables I feel.

Cheers, good post Nigel and a topic worth deeper exploration no doubt so we could all learn more,

Doug

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast