Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Bahnschutz Polizei

Article about: Guys, I expect this is wrong but you never know. I don't like that the national emblem is not straight but I know that this is not always 100 % correct depending on the individual that appli

Well, if nothing else, this thread served to give birth to the poster child for the bad BSP helmets. Interesting that the nefarious lineage can be traced to the 60's so that tells me that there has been a prevailing mindset among collectors about them.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bahnschutz Polizei
    P
    Many

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    This used to be a forum where simple discussion was encouraged. The past 2 threads I have participated in (Late War Helmets) and now this where simple questions and qualified opinions were expressed in the interest of furthering the discussion have been met with disdain, sarcasm, insults and have become train wrecks.

It's just easier to stay quiet and say nothing.

I have to say, I take the above personally as it was intended.

Doug, I simply posted some of my helmets for discussion and have been met with your confrontational attitude; accusations of attacking, disdain, sarcasm and insults (none of which is true). If my Late War Helmets thread is a train wreck (which it's not), then you have certainly done your part to make it so. Yes, helmet forums in general used to be a place where simple discussion was encouraged, but certain over-bearing, dominating mods and others cannot accept the idea that not every member shares their opinions, that someone might have a contrary opinion to theirs. Many knowledgeable collectors, (such as myself) have actually been suspended and/or banned for their differing beliefs. Many others have simply abandoned helmet forums altogether out of disgust. (Have you noticed all of the recent advertising on these forums?)

Maybe it is just easier for them to not participate at all on forums (to stay quiet and say nothing).
    Last edited by Brian; 12-31-2013 at 09:40 PM.

?

Brian, I am tired of perpetually being run off the rails by you whenever I disagree with your theories, so I will say nothing as it's much easier than any form of discussion with you, so.....

Nothing.

BTW my post was not intended at you personally but an expression of frustration at the tone both you and Jock have displayed.

I trust Doug's opinion as he has brought a great amount of knowledge to this Forum. He has made a serious study of helmets and their insignia. Any one can disagree with any experienced collector for any reason. Jock, I do not feel your recent responses are in line with the aims of this Forum for cordial discussion. It is understandable that you are upset by negative comments on the helmet, especially as it is for sale. When something is posted, you must expect a serious collector and student such as Doug to give his honest opinion. Let's keep this thread cordial or it will be closed with consequences to anyone posting disparaging personal remarks.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I am glad you have stepped in Bob !

There are too many threads like this recently.

Some of us log in to these threads to learn a subject from members we admire and it is a shame to be met with bickering

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    I am glad you have stepped in Bob !

There are too many threads like this recently.

Some of us log in to these threads to learn a subject from members we admire and it is a shame to be met with bickering

Nick
    This attiude is not something we want on the Forum. Insults and lack of manners may be acceptable in other places but not here. Except for the bad behavior, I have learned something in this thread.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Thanks Bob and thanks for bringing manners and reason to the fore.

These rare decals do require thoughtful consideration and while dreams may be dashed at least more knowledge, study and sharing of data amongst collectors provides new insight to them we can all learn from.

When I give an opinion it's only that, an opinion and I will always back it up as to why I think so. I've nothing to gain from stating anything is good or bad.

I hope the forum always remains a place where one can voice a qualified opinion and discuss rationally amongst like minded collectors.

Quote by DougB View Post
    . I hope the forum always remains a place where one can voice a qualified opinion and discuss rationally amongst like minded collectors.
    And so shall it be ........ and changes to be made

The clock is ticking closer to 12.............or is it the clock that is being watched
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Ask not for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee. Happy 2014 to all! Cheers!

?

DougB "Ron" When I win the lottery I wil trust your guidance over others in attempting to purchase a
    genuime S.S. helmet...Until then I'll stay way... Besides...I'm about a million years behind you in collecting helmets... I couldn't catch up to you in forty years.... Thanks for all your posts..
    They are (Your helmets) Very,very nice...Gwar

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast