Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Bahnschutz Polizei

Article about: Guys, I expect this is wrong but you never know. I don't like that the national emblem is not straight but I know that this is not always 100 % correct depending on the individual that appli

Here are some pictures of the BS that is in the Baer book that Bob C. used to own.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bahnschutz Polizei   Bahnschutz Polizei  

Bahnschutz Polizei   Bahnschutz Polizei  

Bahnschutz Polizei   Bahnschutz Polizei  

Bahnschutz Polizei  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bahnschutz Polizei
    P
    Many

?

Now were talkin' Jim. That's 100% the real deal.

Quote by DougB View Post
    Now were talkin' Jim. That's 100% the real deal.
    I agree. That is my old helmet. Folks, they were not faking stuff like this back in the early 1960's. nice to see an old friend again.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Here are some pictures of the BS that is in the Baer book that Bob C. used to own.
    The design of the 'Bahn' logo is a very clean design.
    Refreshing, when a TR logo with no Swas pops up occasionally.

?

Quote by Scout View Post
    The design of the 'Bahn' logo is a very clean design.
    Refreshing, when a TR logo with no Swas pops up occasionally.
    Someone was obviously asleep at the switch in the graphic design dept of the NSDAP and I am sure whoever designed it got himself am unpaid vacation to Dachau for forgetting to add in the hakenkreuz.

The above comment is a dark joke.

He was probably sent to Mauthausen.

?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    I agree. That is my old helmet. Folks, they were not faking stuff like this back in the early 1960's. nice to see an old friend again.
    Of note with this is the repaint, colour and the decals are applied overtop painted decals, which is atypical of early issued helmets such as these to the tertiary service branches. You will see the same with FHH, RAD, and even early SS helmets where the helmet was repainted and decals applied over covered decals. A small and subtle yet critical sign of authenticity. Something Joe Faker has yet to pick up on.

Also of note the thick, imperfect print lines, and a correct construction. Compare these with the fake shown earlier and note the differences.

Jock I believe you now have your proof beyond my simple opinion. I did not mean to rain on your parade but was merely stating an opinion and I hope bygones can be bygones and I wish you the best in your sellout.

I believe you said you were selling because of fakes and opinionated collectors. The hobby is very safe actually with forums like this one and GHW2 where opinion is required to be backed up with fact, and knowledge is shared to beat the fakers.

Jim this is your helmet now?

Hi Doug, Yes. I acquired this one from Al B. about 15 years ago in a trade, and intend to be its custodian for many years to come. Bob C. owned this one many years ago, and it is a bonus to me to have the privilege to have some of the gems that were sourced by these giants in the realm. I will take better pictures of this one when I have the time to do it right and will post it in a separate thread. Cheers, Jim G.
    Last edited by helmet2id; 01-03-2014 at 05:36 PM.

Was posting about its Al Barrows origins and wondering if same in Goodapple book. In reading that description its noted that the decal is printed black and silver. Would be nice to see new pix in a separate thread sometime.

?

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Hi Doug, Yes. I acquired this one from Al B. about 15 years ago in a trade, and intend to be its custodian for many years to come. Bob C. owned this one many years ago, and it is a bonus to me to have the privilege to have some of the gems that were sourced by these giants in the realm. I will take better pictures of this one when I have the tome to do it right and will post it in a separate thread. Cheers, Jim G.
    Jim and here I was going to ask if you'd part with it LOL. What a great lid.

Quote by Nigel Lesgate View Post
    There is an M18 BSP shown in the old Goodapple vol.1 book from 1981....belonging to Al Barrows. Blue paint however, the BSP decal printed in 'silver and black'. Prompts some speculation as to how many of these there are in collections....? Noted as "extremely rare" back then.
    Hi Nigel, This is that same helmet. Al let this one go when he acquired a better one! Another collector friend of mine has one in the exact same configuration as mine, and he had another a few years ago with, if I recall correctly, a steel banded M18 liner with white leather pads, which was also a former double decal heer before the repaint and application of the BS decals. There are a few of these out there, but far many more repros. Jim G.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast