Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Bahnschutz Polizei

Article about: Guys, I expect this is wrong but you never know. I don't like that the national emblem is not straight but I know that this is not always 100 % correct depending on the individual that appli

Jim that is one attractive helmet! I've never seen one like that before anywhere.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bahnschutz Polizei
    P
    Many

Bob,

I agree with you on that.

That is not the case according to post 30?

Source of this, is it the new helmet forum perhaps, is it recorded and documented somewhere?

Who knows?

Jock

Doug,

no dreams dashed, but by your own addmision you have not handled an original that you deem ok or it would be in your collection?

have you any period pictures of them being worn or maybe they never existed?

not true of course, just joking since I do have a large print sourced from skip diving of a proud old boy wearing his lid, maybe that is fake too, who knows?

I will find it and post it to keep this a useflul thread.

Regards

jock

Quote by jock auld View Post
    Bob,

I agree with you on that.

That is not the case according to post 30?

Source of this, is it the new helmet forum perhaps, is it recorded and documented somewhere?

Who knows?

Jock
    The 60's often take the blame for things that happened ten years later. I would concur that there was no hordes of M34 helmets with Bahnschutz fake decals on the market in the 1960's. People only fake things when they have a market for their junk. That market would not have existed in the 1960's.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Bob,

i often go about things the wrong way so I will dig out that picture of the old boy and I do have somewhere else a period book like 'schlag nach' that has sadly only line drawing but shows the configuration of the bahn helmets, that may take longer to find.

The thing I remember from both is that it was a WW1 style lid with a single 'pepper pot' type vent.

What I do like is that the 3 we have seen so far are the same helmet style for sure?

I would be interested to see other single vent helmets with non bahn decals just to see how many variants are out there also the style of the decals as they are not a common lid at all, at least not where I live!?

Jock

?

There was a good amount of reproduction going on in the 1960 in Germany and in France.
    Flags,medals,badges ,decals mostly original items were very hard to find not for sale.I can not talk about the United states.

Quote by Munich View Post
    There was a good amount of reproduction going on in the 1960 in Germany and in France.
    Flags,medals,badges ,decals mostly original items were very hard to find not for sale.I can not talk about the United states.
    There was too much original material available in the USA to bother sending fakes abroad in great numbers. Of course the Breuer shop in Munich was famous for it' fake general officer uniforms. The fakes of that era were not very convincing.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

One more to add to the mix....decals definitely differ from what we see on the M18. Pretty helmet, looks minty. Party shield is graphically different and the gold/blk BSP transfer lacks a bit of detail--in my opinion.

?

Hi Nigel, those belong to the same fake family of decals that adorn the other black commercial helmets in this thread.

Jock, as I stated no I do not own a BsP helmet but fake decals are indeed fake decals. The problems of these BsP fakes I have illustrated several times in the thread, no need for further elaboration, the evidence is before us with authentic decals to compare to now as well.

?

The horde of this style of M34 commercial helmets was in 1967 in Wurzburg ,starting in 1971 we started to see BSB helmets being sold from the same person who discovered them.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast