Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Bahnschutz Polizei

Article about: Guys, I expect this is wrong but you never know. I don't like that the national emblem is not straight but I know that this is not always 100 % correct depending on the individual that appli

Quote by DougB View Post
    Hi Nigel, those belong to the same fake family of decals that adorn the other black commercial helmets in this thread.

Jock, as I stated no I do not own a BsP helmet but fake decals are indeed fake decals. The problems of these BsP fakes I have illustrated several times in the thread, no need for further elaboration, the evidence is before us with authentic decals to compare to now as well.
    Doug,

I am happy with what you state and your opinion, like you say discusion is the way ahead.

This looks like a fourth helmet (lets forget about the decals for a minute), that appears identical in construction and has some age for sure. Not 60s as that would be BS no pun intended. The 60s stuff was being faked but not for the audience or the capabilities that exist today that is for sure, much more naive than 80s, 90s, or more modern?

The problem when you argue with only one point in mind, when it has been your benchmark is if you were wrong it would cast doubt on all of your previous beliefs/judgements!

Jock

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bahnschutz Polizei
    P
    Many

Quote by Munich View Post
    The horde of this style of M34 commercial helmets was in 1967 in Wurzburg ,starting in 1971 we started to see BSB helmets being sold from the same person who discovered them.
    Mr Munich,

You are quoting a horde from 1967, one year before I was born so I will take your word for it but at that time it may well have been considered more valuable as scrap depending on the quantity?

Like I will hark back to the single pepperpot vent is not that common or am I mistaken and several thousand will now be posted?

Jock

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Here are some pictures of the BS that is in the Baer book that Bob C. used to own.
    Guys,

I know by quoting this it will use band width that is not required but just a point, it does not matter what post war book any helmet or for that matter any item is puported to be from, it can be wrong and there are plenty of errors in many reference books.

These books are written by clever people but they are not enfalable.

Jock

Quote by DougB View Post
    Of note with this is the repaint, colour and the decals are applied overtop painted decals, which is atypical of early issued helmets such as these to the tertiary service branches. You will see the same with FHH, RAD, and even early SS helmets where the helmet was repainted and decals applied over covered decals. A small and subtle yet critical sign of authenticity. Something Joe Faker has yet to pick up on.

Also of note the thick, imperfect print lines, and a correct construction. Compare these with the fake shown earlier and note the differences.

Jock I believe you now have your proof beyond my simple opinion. I did not mean to rain on your parade but was merely stating an opinion and I hope bygones can be bygones and I wish you the best in your sellout.

I believe you said you were selling because of fakes and opinionated collectors. The hobby is very safe actually with forums like this one and GHW2 where opinion is required to be backed up with fact, and knowledge is shared to beat the fakers.

Jim this is your helmet now?
    Sorry, I am not as good at IT as I should be .

I missed this snipe Doug but I guess you are allowed to.

No rain no parade.

Sadly your opinion carries weight perhaps beyond what it should as you say you don't have one and it is still just pictures?

Your KKK posts are now quite an obvious ploy while you continue to promote GWH2 or whatever (had a look from outside and can't see anything new that is not evreywhere else).

I understand your need to gravitate toward what you are comfortable with, please though don't assume evreyone is stupid.

Jock

I have trouble with there being just (1) verified M18 style BSP helmet being posted and that one example being the sole example by which all legit BSP's are judged. From a factual point, we don't know that the black civvy's are bad BSP helmets at all.

I would like it far better if there were at least 10 blue ones, in known collections, with the exact same decals as the M18 and, even then, we still would not be certain they didn't change over to a different shell and decals at some point.

How do we know emphatically that early elongated decal wasn't realized as being kind of stupid looking and a new one designed and the BSP wanted blk civvy's used....? If the fakers were going to do up some BSP lids why not use fairly plentiful WWI shells and phony early style decals? To my knowledge there isn't a BSP expert on any forum but maybe a guy like Joe Wotka would come close.

Guys,

I would only ask an open mind, completely shut down when evidence is to the fore?

I am a bit of a cnut at times but only through passion for my hobby.

I really don't mind being wrong at all, I just want to be sure and I don't think the self professed god type is the answer.

Go to HWG3 or whatever but understand you are the 'punt' for better or worse.

Form your own opinion based on the fact you have available, you will find that has not changed that much over the years, just the punt!

Happy hunting

Jock

There are real examples of BSP helmets on civic shells as well as M18 style shells such as my example. The problems with the helmet that started this thread, and the helmets depicted in posts 15,16,17,18 and 58 are the decals. Since this thread started 5 years ago I have seen 2 black M18 civic style helmets with single 7 hole pepper pot vents at shows, each virtually identical to the one that started this thread. Both had decals identical to the decals on the helmet in post 1. In hand, the composition of the decals on those examples was palpably different than the composition of the decals on my example, the one that Al B. now owns, and the 2 other original examples that I have examined in hand. The graphics and print techniques were also quite different. Since this thread started 5 years ago, and since my first post on this thread, I have gradually come to the conclusion that every one of the BSP helmets that I have held or seen in pictures that is a black, M18 civic style shell, with single 7 hole pepper pot vents, and adjourned with these decals, is, regrettably, a reproduction. This opinion has been fortified by the information from Munich in posts 56 and 60. It is, however, just my 2 cents, which, if you ask my wife, aren't worth a penny. Cheers, Jim G.
    Last edited by helmet2id; 01-07-2014 at 09:35 AM.

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    There are real examples of BSP helmets on civic shells as well as M18 style shells such as my example. The problems with the helmet that started this thread, and the helmets depicted in posts 15,16,17,18 and 58 are the decals. Since this thread started 2 years ago I have seen 2 black M18 civic style helmets with single 7 hole pepper pot vents at shows, virtually identical to the one that started this thread. Both had the decals identical to the decals on the helmet in post 1. In hand, the composition of the decals on those examples was palpably different than the composition of the decals on my example, the one that Al B. now owns, and the 2 other original examples that I have examined in hand. The graphics and print technique are also quite different. Since this thread started 2 years ago, and since my first post on this thread, I have gradually come to the conclusion that every one of the BSP helmets that I have held or seen in pictures that are black, M18 civic style shells with single 7 hole pepper pot vents, with these decals are, regrettably, reproductions. This opinion has been fortified by the information from Munich in post 56. It is, however, just my 2 cents, which, if you ask my wife, aren't worth a penny. Cheers, Jim G.
    No mate.

You will have to do better than post 56 since it does not realey state much?

Behave and start to ask why all of the 4 on here are wrong? really, they may well be but since we are not seeing all of these single peperpots that must of course be out there to re-enforce your opinion, WTF!

?

Jock

Unlike you I will remain polite and a gentleman. I do not understand why you insist on carrying on a debate with me, but I am done with any further conversation with you. Once a forum member puts words into my mouth it proves their ignorance and their motives are usually dollar driven, and that says it all.

I have no idea what a KKK post is and my post above was not a snipe at you, I thought you would see the obvious decal design and construction differences. However putting words into my mouth is where I draw the line.

I do not own a BsP helmet, but then, neither do you.

In closing, your request to have an open mind is a request for members to accept what certainly appears to be a reproduction so you can benefit through a sale.

Perhaps you can put some of your future eBay eDollars from your eBay selldown towards some courses on spelling, I believe you spelled cnut wrong. (that my Scottish friend, was a snipe...just so you know the difference)

Cheers and Cheerio,

Doug

In the future my opinion will remain silent on this forum, I can't be bothered putting up with taunts and reprimands from "members" who have only $$$ in mind and discussion devolves into the neanderthal.

Jock could not behave in a gentlemanly way even after being given a written warning and infraction for his behavior. The integrity of this Forum needs to be upheld so Jock is now gone.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast