Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Batlle Damaged KIA M35....Heer or KM??

Article about: LOL i hate spiders...

Default Re: Batlle Damaged KIA M35....Heer or KM??

LOL i hate spiders...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Batlle Damaged KIA M35....Heer or KM??
    P
    Many

?

I think battle damage is a stretch of imagination with this piece.
    Most of the early repainting/fiddling was done by kids like me in the 50s.
    The vets never bothered with that.
    Helmets were plentiful and very cheap.
    Collecting them was rather new and not highly regarded by many folks with actual connections to the war.

Hello!

I was able to do more shots of the decals, specially the eagle one, it's really incredible how could it turn to golden finish an egale decal but...are you still sure that is an heer? Having on my hands , at the sunlight the gold finish is very vivid!
    About the paint is there any possibility tht would it be done from a camo vehicle painting?

Thanks for looking!!!

Batlle Damaged KIA M35....Heer or KM??Batlle Damaged KIA M35....Heer or KM??Batlle Damaged KIA M35....Heer or KM??Batlle Damaged KIA M35....Heer or KM??Batlle Damaged KIA M35....Heer or KM??Batlle Damaged KIA M35....Heer or KM??Batlle Damaged KIA M35....Heer or KM??Batlle Damaged KIA M35....Heer or KM??Batlle Damaged KIA M35....Heer or KM??Batlle Damaged KIA M35....Heer or KM??Batlle Damaged KIA M35....Heer or KM??Batlle Damaged KIA M35....Heer or KM??

Oooops sorry for the double pictures post!!!!

Quote by ahnenerbe View Post
    Hello!

I was able to do more shots of the decals, specially the eagle one, it's really incredible how could it turn to golden finish an egale decal but...are you still sure that is an heer? Having on my hands , at the sunlight the gold finish is very vivid!
    About the paint is there any possibility tht would it be done from a camo vehicle painting?

Thanks for looking!!!

Batlle Damaged KIA M35....Heer or KM??Batlle Damaged KIA M35....Heer or KM??Batlle Damaged KIA M35....Heer or KM??Batlle Damaged KIA M35....Heer or KM??Batlle Damaged KIA M35....Heer or KM??Batlle Damaged KIA M35....Heer or KM??Batlle Damaged KIA M35....Heer or KM??Batlle Damaged KIA M35....Heer or KM??Batlle Damaged KIA M35....Heer or KM??Batlle Damaged KIA M35....Heer or KM??Batlle Damaged KIA M35....Heer or KM??Batlle Damaged KIA M35....Heer or KM??
    It's an SE so as I explained before it cannot be anything else than Heer. Only ET made KM M35's.

Here's my KM decal on an ET.

?

Frank, is it true that all KM decals never had the grey lining that you see on some other makes

The paint is postwar done. Not a paint used by Germans during the war and not done in the manner they did repaints or field paints in the war. Its postwar paint.

Saying this paint is pre 1945 is a false statement in my books.

Quote by davejb View Post
    Frank, is it true that all KM decals never had the grey lining that you see on some other makes
    The one I posted has light colored interior lines. You also have black lined KM's as well but they are often found on M40's , for M35's they should have a ridge around the entire eagle.
    There's also the thin winged KM decal which is of a different design than the one shown who has black inner lines. (found on EF only).

KM decals are a tough subject because of the color subleties. But knowing which makers produced for KM and which models helps a lot.

In this picture you can see the ridge I'm talking about , going around the eagle and swastika.

?

Thanks Frank, much clearer and very helpful

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2