Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

beaded combat police helmet

Article about: by davejb Thats interesting, so what your saying is that these helmets are a two piece construction and then joined at the bead correct? I think what gunerfly is refering to are the gladiato

Default Re: beaded combat police helmet

Quote by chokesalot View Post
    Emaillier A.G. factory Fulda,Germany has double party/combat decals. marked EF 66 ...20706 possibly a M1942 or M1935. has the name "H.Dammann" in period style writing. this is the extent of my knowledge on this.so i ask all of you?
    I really like beaded luftschutz/combat police helmets and have many on my shelves. Some have luftshutz decals, others police decals - both standard and reversed, and one or 2 with set back police decals (positioned behind and higher than the decals on the piece presumably to avoid the bead). I have one undecaled beaded m35 painted that unmistakable political leader orange, one m35 undecaled piece with late war green combat paint, another m35 with the same paint and traces of 3 (!) army/heer eagles (one on the front and one on each side), one an SA light brown, a green undecaled example, and several standard blue or black undecaled examples. I just like the look of that style helmet and they are relatively inexpensive. And yes, they were used in combat by the last ditch defenders of the Reich, as many period photos reveal. If I can ever figure out how to upload pictures onto this site I will try to post a few pics of them. Jim Geanuracos

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement beaded combat police helmet
    P
    Many

Mauser no ,as far as the history books on it say.

Dave jb i can only rely on the books on it i have read over the years and they say its because they where balistically unsound,and the one i had had visible imperfections in the stamping and the books refer to this.,

Dave jb most of the ones i hve seen are blue.they mostly have an ertzatz liner and chinstrap.i havnt seen one with the 31 liner.

Quote by davejb View Post
    With regards to the meaning of the beaded helmet i understand that although its considered to be a defective shell it may have been manufactured in that way for the luftshutz members and this was a recognition trait. I cant understand that if a helmet was defective then it would have been marked as such and this seems an extreme measure. I would say that to remould the helmet, would take a great deal of heat plus a a special press to be used, would they have even bothered, its easy to stamp "not for combat" and then be issued to luftshutz and factory guards. I think that the mentality regarding the third reichs reputation for quality, would have prevented them in issuing a defective helmet in the first place let alone going to all that trouble of remoulding one and then issuing it .
    Hi
    I think Davejb reason makes more sense and why continue making a helmet that is not up to the the usual German standard of quality.

Martin

gunerfly
    ?

http://www.german-helmets.com/QUICK%20ID%20MAIN.htm
    http://www.german-helmets.com/QUICK%...%20HELMETS.htm http://www.german-helmets.com/QUICK%...%20HELMETS.htm

Use google , this is two piece manufacture where the rim is rolled to the top the luftshutz is air defence and is mostly three piece with diferent air holes in the sides
    Last edited by gunerfly; 03-24-2010 at 12:42 PM.

Gunerfly, Maybe I'm missing something because I don't see anything mentioning a two- piece or three piece construction.

Quote by davejb View Post
    With regards to the meaning of the beaded helmet i understand that although its considered to be a defective shell it may have been manufactured in that way for the luftshutz members and this was a recognition trait. I cant understand that if a helmet was defective then it would have been marked as such and this seems an extreme measure. I would say that to remould the helmet, would take a great deal of heat plus a a special press to be used, would they have even bothered, its easy to stamp "not for combat" and then be issued to luftshutz and factory guards. I think that the mentality regarding the third reichs reputation for quality, would have prevented them in issuing a defective helmet in the first place let alone going to all that trouble of remoulding one and then issuing it .
    Dave,

The fact remains that is what they did, maybe the bead also provided strength to what was considered a 'factory second', I have a couple like that I have found my M42 reject and it has a very clear split on the rim which has been repaired before painting blue. (see pics).

Jock
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture beaded combat police helmet   beaded combat police helmet  

beaded combat police helmet   beaded combat police helmet  

?

Thats interesting, so what your saying is that these helmets are a two piece construction and then joined at the bead correct? I think what gunerfly is refering to are the gladiator style of helmets which have a one two and three piece construction to them

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast