Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Beaded M40

Article about: No relation, Just a cool piece! I'll post it up one of these days.

?

Default Beaded M40

I got this recently. It's a Beaded Luftwaffe that has been repainted and relined. I only got it because it was a Q68. You dont always find these big sizes and beaded so I said ,"what the heck", and got it. Maybe I'll look for a decent liner and chinstrap. And Def. do a better paint job!
    ~Dean
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Beaded M40   Beaded M40  

Beaded M40  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Beaded M40
    P
    Many

Default Re: Beaded M40

It nicely shows the defects to the helmet. No wonder it was rejected.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Can we see the liner? I'm not sure it has been replaced as these civic lids had many types of liner.

?

i was about to say the same about the liner plus the paint looks to be period judging by the internal view, it would have been spray painted and it seems that is the case here, theres no paint runs from what can be seen, no over thickness of the layers, lets have a proper look at the whole thing in detail

?

Here you go, boys..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Beaded M40   Beaded M40  

?

Yeah, there's a lot of wrinkling to the skirt, although I kinda like the crudeness.So this is a civic lid and not Luft,huh? I must be thinking of the beaded gladiator ones as Luft.
    Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    It nicely shows the defects to the helmet. No wonder it was rejected.

Cheers, Ade.

?

I'd be leaving it as is mate....great lid....I gotta hunt one of these down

?

Some more..
    I'm stoked it's all original! I like the chinstrap. also there appears to be some kind of writing under the dome.Possibly named?

Beaded M40  

?

Can you get a pic of the writing???? I have a gladiator LS, with Bulgarian markings..it's named and written in pencil on the skirt is " please do not take, I am responsible for it"

?

Sounds interesting yours says that! Mine looks like white pencil. I'll try and get slme pics..
    Quote by AMTG View Post
    Can you get a pic of the writing???? I have a gladiator LS, with Bulgarian markings..it's named and written in pencil on the skirt is " please do not take, I am responsible for it"

Beaded M40  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast