Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Beaded M40 Luftschutz FOUND IN GARBAGE!

Article about: Hello all! It has happened again. This time, it appears I saved a beaded M40 Luftschutz from the scrap heap. I do not remember the batch number off hand, but it was an ET64 Now for the bad n

Default Beaded M40 Luftschutz FOUND IN GARBAGE!

Hello all!

It has happened again. This time, it appears I saved a beaded M40 Luftschutz from the scrap heap. I do not remember the batch number off hand, but it was an ET64

Now for the bad news... idk which is worse...

It appears as if the helmet had been painted over with black, and some hideous fantasy decals have been applied.

Also... we didn't spot this lid until it was too late. It looked like it was originally in perfect condition, but it didn't survive the grinder unscathed.

My questions:
    Is it authentic? Can it be restored? What is it's value?

Unfortunately, I am leaving soon for the first leg of my trip to Italy. I do not know if I will be able to obtain better photos until AFTER I return.

THANKS!

P.S. This came in on the same load:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Beaded M40 Luftschutz FOUND IN GARBAGE!
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Beaded M40 Luftschutz FOUND IN GARBAGE!

I want to open up a scrap metal shop in your neighborhood LOL. Hopefully you will hit the jackpot and a 1937 dated apple green DD SS M35 will be dropped off.

I just checked my helmet room, and it appears that my wife has mistakenly thrown out an M35 reissue, an American lid, an M40 beaded Luftschutz, and a jet pilot's helmet! Thanks for saving them from the trash heap! Please box them up and return them to me when you get the chance. All kidding aside - nice work. Keep your eyes open and keep saving these pieces of history. Cheers, Jim G.

Great stuff for sure! Keep it up
    Regards

Thanks all!

I know the photos are bad quality, but can anyone comment on the luftschutz? Is it 100% original, or is the black paint and decals pure fantasy?

The liner is fine. The paint looks okay, but better pictures will tell the tale. I can't comment on the decals from the current pictures, better pictures are needed. If they are real, it is a rather rare configuration, reversed AND set back decals! I hope they are right! Cheers, Jim G.

?

The Aviator helmet is a SP40(maybe if my memory is correct) used by US Army helicoptor pilots from Viet Nam thru the 80"s,that one has the dark lens installed there is a clear one that goes with it. later ones had a dual lens attachment. I have a lot of hours under that type lid.

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Hello all!

It has happened again. This time, it appears I saved a beaded M40 Luftschutz from the scrap heap. I do not remember the batch number off hand, but it was an ET64

Now for the bad news... idk which is worse...

It appears as if the helmet had been painted over with black, and some hideous fantasy decals have been applied.

Also... we didn't spot this lid until it was too late. It looked like it was originally in perfect condition, but it didn't survive the grinder unscathed.

My questions:
    Is it authentic? Can it be restored? What is it's value?

Unfortunately, I am leaving soon for the first leg of my trip to Italy. I do not know if I will be able to obtain better photos until AFTER I return.

THANKS!

P.S. This came in on the same load:
    Another one? again?????, you are a real lucky guy.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

This is just getting ridiculous.

lol

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    This is just getting ridiculous.

lol
    I agree! I feel like I am on a mission to save all of this stuff!

I literally just got off the plane from vacation in Italy. I'll post better pics of this lid this afternoon for you guys to consider. I'm almost positive the black paint and decals are bogus.

By the way... we found a complete bronze star set n the trash today!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast