Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Beaded M40 Luftschutz helmet

Article about: I thought I'd share with everyone my latest acquisition, my second Luftschutz helmet, and fourth Third Reich helmet. Last Christmas I got a no-decal beaded M40 which was mentioned to be like

Default Beaded M40 Luftschutz helmet

I thought I'd share with everyone my latest acquisition, my second Luftschutz helmet, and fourth Third Reich helmet. Last Christmas I got a no-decal beaded M40 which was mentioned to be likely Luftschutzpolizei, and this year I received this one. This kind of helmet is one of my favourites aesthetically, it may not be the rarest but I love their look. I'm very pleased with it, for me it's a perfect example of a type I have been wanting for a long time. The liner has some damage that has been restored in some way, I don't know if it was period-done or not, and if there's any way to tell. The wear and tear to the helmet in general gives the impression that it was used, but who knows?

Hope you're all having a great Christmas!

Mat
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Beaded M40 Luftschutz helmet   Beaded M40 Luftschutz helmet  

Beaded M40 Luftschutz helmet   Beaded M40 Luftschutz helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Beaded M40 Luftschutz helmet
    P
    Many

hi mat ,well this to me looks a real nice example so well done i too find these appealing and i see what you mean about the liner ,it looks to have been glued ,all the same its a cracking helmet and i think youve done very well ,all the best for new years

a nice one

Great Christmas gift! Nice looking helmet, Mat.

Luke

Nice condition beaded LS. timothy

Very nice friend,certainly a great score to round off the year,well done to you...............

Thanks for the comments! Glad you all enjoy it is much as I do. I was initially looking to pick up an example of the more common Gladiator-type Luftschutz helmet due to the lower prices, but I came across this one- it cost more as you'd expect, but I've rarely seen good examples of these at a reasonable cost, so I went for it. The Gladiator is probably next on my list!

Mat

Quote by ToxicGas View Post
    Thanks for the comments! Glad you all enjoy it is much as I do. I was initially looking to pick up an example of the more common Gladiator-type Luftschutz helmet due to the lower prices, but I came across this one- it cost more as you'd expect, but I've rarely seen good examples of these at a reasonable cost, so I went for it. The Gladiator is probably next on my list!

Mat
    Hi Mat, a nice M40 "beady" and you have definitely bought the better version. The gladiators are very common but this is less so and much more desirable in my opinion. Leon.

Aye Leon, agreed! I've liked these beaded helmets for a long time, the Gladiators didn't really appeal for a while until I bought one for my girlfriend last year and got to handle it. I had accepted that I probably couldn't afford a decent beaded one for a long time, but my parents generously changed that!

Mat