Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Beaded M40 no-decal Luftschutz helmet

Article about: I'd like to show a Christmas present of mine to you all, it's my third TR lid now. I've wanted a beaded helmet for a while, and this one caught my eye- originally I only wanted a beaded exam

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    No marking at the side of the skirt? xx64 etc.
    I don't think so, I don't see any other markings at all. I'll inspect again tomorrow, but I'm fairly certain that the only stamped mark is the one pictured.

Mat

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Beaded M40 no-decal Luftschutz helmet
    P
    Many

Quote by Brian View Post
    Mat, I think your helmet is Quist manufactured. The rear marking looks like DN470. Above that should be Q64, but it does not look readable.
    I suspect that late war, stocks of surplus black paint was added to increase the volume of paint batches that made factory finishes generally darker. I think this is what I see on your helmet; a very dark, late version of the Luftschutz blue. Nice helmet!
    The paint mixing would make sense, it sounds very possible. Thanks!

Mat

Looking closer at the angle of the skirt I'm inclined to agree with Brian that it's probably a Q now.

Nice complete beaded LS or as stated LS Police. Nice condition ND helmet. timothy

What a great Christmas gift! Awesome lid, Mat!

Luke

?

I agree it's a Q, I've a similar one. Nice helmet.

They don't come any nicer than that. I'd say that's probably a warehouse pick-up due to totally new, unused condition. If they made beaded repros I'd be worried, but they don't so no worries there.
    Pretty easy to see how that one got a bead though. Flaws in the metal, crinkled at the dip, wow.

Quote by cammobunker View Post
    They don't come any nicer than that. I'd say that's probably a warehouse pick-up due to totally new, unused condition. If they made beaded repros I'd be worried, but they don't so no worries there.
    Pretty easy to see how that one got a bead though. Flaws in the metal, crinkled at the dip, wow.
    Thanks for the feedback guys!

I believe it is a warehouse find, and yeah, it's interesting to see the flaws in this one. I don't think it's clear in my photo, but the rolled edge is uneven and a little messed up on the inside, which I'm guessing wouldn't be the case with most helmets. The dome of the helmet on top is also a little uneven.

Mat

Quote by Brian View Post
    It may just be the photos, but I see a late, darker shade of 'Luftchutz-blue', or satin finish dark blue.
    I got around to placing this helmet next to a black Feuerschutzpolizei and a blue Luftschutz lid, and I believe you're correct there with that observation, I think it is indeed a hybrid of the two.

Mat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2