Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Best place to buy German Helmets?

Article about: Never said that knowledge is not useful in this or any hobby or venture that you can go into.We can go over this and i know it will go on and on.Again homework is fine,but when you go out in

Default Best place to buy German Helmets?

G'day guys,

Just wondering where you all go to buy the majority of your helmets. It's very very rare to find German items at garage sales and antique stores here in Australia so I need to use online shopping! Any help is appreciated!

Thanks guys!

Joshua

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Best place to buy German Helmets?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Best place to buy German Helmets?

Here are my recommendations.
    GHW Market Square. Must be a veteran to enter however but the helmets here are 1000% real, usually priced fairly, and some great pieces go up here collector to collector.
    WAF eStand. Quality is offset by quantity here. Lots to choose from always.
    I do not purvey the for sale section here so my apologies Ade, I do not know it to recommend it.

As for dealers in no order are guys you can trust.
    Ken B at German War Helmets.
    Dave S at ww2germanhelmets.com
    Ken N at German Helmets Inc.
    Kelly H at SS Steel if SS is your game and more collector than dealer
    Bill Shea at The Ruptured Duck.
    Peter W at The Collectors Guild
    Bob I at Collector to Collector Militaria
    Paul M at River Valley Militaria

There are a ton more but these are guys I visit regularly.

PS networking with other collectors is a great way as well. Welcome to the forum!

Doug

Thank you Doug,

I've dealt with Bob Iqbal before when I purchased this helmet: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel...et-pics-32119/

What do you think about it? I know the paint is atypical but Bob thought it to be war-time applied.

Bob was great to deal with and answered all questions and requests in a very timely fashion and I would go to him again!

Thanks Doug!

-Joshua

Quote by Joshua View Post
    Thank you Doug,

I've dealt with Bob Iqbal before when I purchased this helmet: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel...et-pics-32119/

What do you think about it? I know the paint is atypical but Bob thought it to be war-time applied.

Bob was great to deal with and answered all questions and requests in a very timely fashion and I would go to him again!

Thanks Doug!

-Joshua
    Doug knows his stuff and he is always great help.

Quote by DougB View Post
    Here are my recommendations.
    GHW Market Square. Must be a veteran to enter however but the helmets here are 1000% real, usually priced fairly, and some great pieces go up here collector to collector.
    WAF eStand. Quality is offset by quantity here. Lots to choose from always.
    I do not purvey the for sale section here so my apologies Ade, I do not know it to recommend it.

As for dealers in no order are guys you can trust.
    Ken B at German War Helmets.
    Dave S at ww2germanhelmets.com
    Ken N at German Helmets Inc.
    Kelly H at SS Steel if SS is your game and more collector than dealer
    Bill Shea at The Ruptured Duck.
    Peter W at The Collectors Guild
    Bob I at Collector to Collector Militaria
    Paul M at River Valley Militaria

There are a ton more but these are guys I visit regularly.

PS networking with other collectors is a great way as well. Welcome to the forum!

Doug
    There was a couple I did not know about,thank you for that.

?

Bob is good people, he will treat you right and help along the way and he stands behind his goods.
    I answered your question in the thread.
    Thanks Chris. I think good dealers should be given props especially when there are so many schmucks around that wont think twice to rob you blind.

That being said knowledge is irreplaceable and even the best dealer will make a mistake. Know what your looking at and you can find diamonds in the rough as well.

I am 18 and have been collecting for about six years now and need help in finding out which sites are trustworthy to buy from i have already bought from a couple but would just like others opinions! ti have a long list because i like diversity in my collection hank you!

The Collector's Guild
    Ruptured Duck
    RIver Valley Militaria
    Bay State Militaria and Antiques
    Lakeside Trader
    WW2 German Steel
    German War Helmet
    SS Steel
    WW2 German Helmets
    Wittman Antique
    Time Traveler

And i have dealt with this auction site before and have had very good dealings with

Bagwell & Associates Auction Company

?

Very good info guys.

Regards, Lars

Collecting helmets especially SS is a minefield!!You take 10 guys and i guarantee that even the name guys helmets (book writers,known names that you all know) and you will find that there are some willl say 100% okay some don't like it and some don't know,etc.When quite frankly you are selling a 8k-20k helmet anyyone will give you a lifetime guarantee!!!!.I am not saying the guys who deal with this material are crooks,but as has been stated everyone makes mistakes and of course their are those collector/dealers who will pass bogus piece to anyone and enjoy doing it!Do your homework,check the forums and look for the obvious telltail signs of bad helmets and good luck.

Quote by goodbuys View Post
    Collecting helmets especially SS is a minefield!!You take 10 guys and i guarantee that even the name guys helmets (book writers,known names that you all know) and you will find that there are some willl say 100% okay some don't like it and some don't know,etc.When quite frankly you are selling a 8k-20k helmet anyyone will give you a lifetime guarantee!!!!.I am not saying the guys who deal with this material are crooks,but as has been stated everyone makes mistakes and of course their are those collector/dealers who will pass bogus piece to anyone and enjoy doing it!Do your homework,check the forums and look for the obvious telltail signs of bad helmets and good luck.
    Nothing is a minefield if you put effort in gaining the required knowledge. That's what the forum's are for.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast