Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Best place to buy German Helmets?

Article about: Never said that knowledge is not useful in this or any hobby or venture that you can go into.We can go over this and i know it will go on and on.Again homework is fine,but when you go out in

Default Re: Best place to buy German Helmets?

Try telling that to collectors who went to a dealer and was guaranteed 100% that there helmet was a great buy and found out later it was a hump up.You can do all the homework you want and its still a minefield out there!The forums can help of course,but there are helmets everywhere especially SS that i know are being sold with lifetime guarantees that are dubious to say the least!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Best place to buy German Helmets?
    P
    Many

Knowledge certainly is power when it comes to collecting anything, but especially TR items. Every so often I stumble upon a "diamond in the rough" and it's usually worth the searching. Stick with the dealers Doug listed and you will be fine. Buy a few lids from those guys and get a feel for the genuine ones. Read up on quality helmet books and you will learn what to look for when searching for the diamond.

?

One thing, even these dealers can and have been fooled by fakes, so it pays to do some research and post your items when you get them. These guys however my experience has been they stand behind their items so your money is not at risk. But buying from someone is no guarantee of originality, do your homework as well.

?

Quote by goodbuys View Post
    ...but there are helmets everywhere especially SS that i know are being sold with lifetime guarantees that are dubious to say the least!
    Hello Goodbuys, can you please post some links of the SS helmets that you know are being sold with lifetime guarantees that are dubious to say the least? I would like to check em out!
    Thanks
    Doug

Quote by goodbuys View Post
    Try telling that to collectors who went to a dealer and was guaranteed 100% that there helmet was a great buy and found out later it was a hump up.You can do all the homework you want and its still a minefield out there!The forums can help of course,but there are helmets everywhere especially SS that i know are being sold with lifetime guarantees that are dubious to say the least!
    If you don't know how to disarm mines a minefield is indeed a dangerous place to be in.
    That's why knowledge is important. You seem to play that down for some reason but knowledge is the only thing that can help you make independent decisions.
    I know of a couple of nice original SS helmets for sale. Seems like they are not moving in today's market for some reason.

am i the only one on here that looks at the helmets of the third reich,there site and collection always looks the best but no one has mentioned or listed them is there something i dont know but you lot do?dave.

?

Quote by moaning minnie View Post
    am i the only one on here that looks at the helmets of the third reich,there site and collection always looks the best but no one has mentioned or listed them is there something i dont know but you lot do?dave.
    Where? Have a link?

?

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    If you don't know how to disarm mines a minefield is indeed a dangerous place to be in.
    That's why knowledge is important. You seem to play that down for some reason but knowledge is the only thing that can help you make independent decisions.
    I know of a couple of nice original SS helmets for sale. Seems like they are not moving in today's market for some reason.
    Your Proudly selling fakes link does not work.

?

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Your Proudly selling fakes link does not work.
    It's to Ralf Haas site, careful with that clown, he's a real Haashole.

?

Lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast