Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

best single book for helmets

Article about: obkrieger,,,i have a copy of Baer's Helmet book for sale listed here on the German for sale listing,,,check it out

Default best single book for helmets

hi guys, i was thinking abut investing in some books. what is the single absolute best book for german helmets? im looking for a starter book just to have as my temporary reference until i have a nice collection of them.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement best single book for helmets
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: best single book for helmets

hi, my advise is spend money wisely on books , lots of pretty pics books about. invest in ludwig bauers book the history of the german helmet. costly and can be hard to find at times. a few turn up on ebay and you can grab a good deal at times. hope this is of some help..paul

?

If you find Bauers book make sure it's his third book. I think he had a small paperback, a hardback with a Yellow cover that is in German and the third book that is bible for helmet collectors. I sold an extra copy I picked up on Ebay about a year ago. I think it went for $120-125. Not cheap but some books have gone up in value more than alot of militaria.

$125 USD is a small amount to pay for something in the world of German Helmets, having a book like that might help give you the knowledge about what genuine helmets look like, thus saving you a lot of money because you wont be fooled by any fakes

Thanks

Danny

?

Ludwig Baer's book is a good book on the history of the helmet and contains a lot of minutae, and should be on every helmet collectors bookshelf. However if your starting out and want a good reference book on an array of helmets, in color with plenty of explanation and variety to be able to tell real from fake I would invest in Ken N's book available here http://www.germanhelmetsinc.com/index
    An excellent starter book, better than Baer's for what you want in my opinion.

Quote by DougB View Post
    Ludwig Baer's book is a good book on the history of the helmet and contains a lot of minutae, and should be on every helmet collectors bookshelf. However if your starting out and want a good reference book on an array of helmets, in color with plenty of explanation and variety to be able to tell real from fake I would invest in Ken N's book available here http://www.germanhelmetsinc.com/index
    Agree, if you only want 1 book on helmets, this is the one to have.

Jerry

Quote by DougB View Post
    AGREED. Jim G.

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    This sounds like great advice. I have just ordered Kens book as a result of reading this thread. I will let you know how I get on with it!!!
    Andy

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    Great Advice from Doug!!. I bought Ken Niewiarowicz's book as a result of this thread and can't put it down!! I Haven't spoken to my wife in weeks!. It's expensive but well worth it. Only problem is that have discovered that two of my helmets are crap!

Cheers
    Andy

Quote by BLONDI View Post
    Great Advice from Doug!!. I bought Ken Niewiarowicz's book as a result of this thread and can't put it down!! I Haven't spoken to my wife in weeks!. It's expensive but well worth it. Only problem is that have discovered that two of my helmets are crap!

Cheers
    Andy
    I got Kens book and Its a GREAT book, I know people how are friends with Ken, and Ken even used their input in the book..Kens referance pics in the book are ALL origional NO RE-POP decals or shells...VERY GOOD BOOK!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast